Work in a luxury Jackson Hole resort! Join our team at the elegant property of Jenny Lake Lodge!
Jenny Lake Lodge is the only 4-diamond eco-resort in the Park; located at the base of the Tetons
- Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (May 20, 2019)
Capture the amazing opportunity to live and work in Grand Teton National Park- Jenny Lake Lodge, a AAA® Four-Diamond resort at the foot of the Tetons features award-winning dining, towering pine trees, abundant wildlife, walking distance to three stunning glacial lakes and elegant, private, and relaxing historic cabins that blend modern comfort and Old West charm.
Are you a restaurant manager with first-hand knowledge of the fine dining industry? Are you a proven leader, one easily able to motivate a team? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Jenny Lake Lodge Dining Room Manager is responsible for the satisfaction of all guests in their dining experience, and serves as a Maître d' to provide the guests with a very personable and extremely attentive fine dining experience at Jenny Lake Lodge. This individual is also responsible for proper training and management of the dining room staff in accordance with the training manual, brand standards and NPS standards, including conducting staff training on wine knowledge at the beginning of the season, as well as continued wine training throughout the season. The Dining Room Manager is also expected to create a positive and productive work environment through team building and providing support as needed. Our season is typically from Mid- May through the beginning of October.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct initial training of all Jenny Dining Room service staff ensuring that all company policies, procedures, service standards, P.O.S. operations and assigned duties are performed correctly and efficiently. This includes wine service training.
- Manage the service of the Jenny Dining Room. This includes managing the host/hostess to control the flow of the dining room. Managing the servers and the bussers so they maintain the sequence of service. Work closely with the kitchen to ensure the quality of food, presentation and timing of the food is served in accordance with our standards.
- Work closely with the Culinary Team (Location Chef, Location Sous Chef, Cooks and Stewarding Supervisor) and communicate all menu concerns, service timing and special requests.
- Previous experience in a table-service restaurant
- One year supervisory experience
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work long hours and varied shifts
- Knowledgeable in wine service
- Passion for guest service
- Fine dining restaurant experience
- TIPS Certified
- Knowledge of wines / Experience working as a Sommelier
What’s In It For You?
- FREE Housing (dormitory style, with linens provided)
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- $95/week "Employee Service Fee" which covers:
- 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria
- Laundry facilities
- Transportation shuttles throughout the park and to town
- Participation in activities (ex. horseback rides, kayak rentals, lake cruises & scenic raft tours)
This job is great for those who enjoy a fast paced work environment with a lot of guest interaction, not to mention a great view of the Tetons!
Visit www.gtlc.com/employment for a sampling of what life is like working, living and playing here at Grand Teton Lodge Company or Flagg Ranch Company.
Start the road to your Experience of a Lifetime with us . . . where you can have FUN at work and get paid to LIVE in a National Park!