Looking for Cooks who want a taste of National Park Life in Grand Tetons
Come work and play in one of the most visited national parks in the U.S.
- Grand Teton National Park , Wyoming
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 06, 2019)
Prep for a great career with Grand Teton Lodge Company & Vail Resorts by sharpening your culinary skills and expertise in a fast-paced, large volume resort environment. When not preparing amazing food for our guests; enjoy exploring two national parks in your backyard: Grand Teton National Park & Yellowstone National Park!
The GTLC culinary team takes much pride in the quality of food that we serve and in the development of our culinary members. Raw and fresh ingredients are purchased so that the staff can prepare items from the most basic form. Almost all items are cooked from scratch. We have an onsite Butcher Shop, Bakery, Saucier, and Garde Manger. Our emphasis is for culinary members to gain knowledge of food theory and techniques. We partner with our other Vail properties to place employees at a variety of locations in the winter. Many employees return summer after summer to take new positions with GTLC & Flagg Ranch to further their culinary careers.
- Work off of a prep-list to ensure proper food preparation.
- Line/short order prep and plating.
- Maintain proper food handling and sanitation through the shift.
- Ensure proper facility shut-down including: stocking, sanitizing, equipment cleaning and shut down and proper food storage
- 1+ years previous cooking experience
- Knowledge of different stations like grill, garde manger and sauté
- High volume cooking
What’s In It For You?
- FREE Housing (dormitory style, with linens provided)
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- $95/week "Employee Service Fee" which covers:
- 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria
- Wi-fi in the employee village (Flagg Ranch does not have wi-fi)
- Laundry facilities
- Transportation shuttles throughout the park and to town
- Participation in activities (ex. horseback rides, kayak rentals, lake cruises & scenic raft tours)
Depending on work location, employees are housed in furnished dormitories in our employee villages, where you will share a room with one or more fellow employees and can enjoy employee recreation activities and events. Dorm employees participate in our Employee Meal Plan, as there are no cooking facilities in the dorms. An employee RV park with a limited number of spaces is also available for those with their own fully self-contained RV’s for a minimal daily fee.
Visit www.gtlc.com/employment/ for a sampling of what life is like working, living and playing here at Grand Teton Lodge Company or Flagg Ranch Company.
Start the road to your Experience of a Lifetime with us . . . where you can have FUN at work and get paid to LIVE in a National Park!