We are looking for a year round refrigeration technician at GTNP! - FREE HOUSING
Grand Teton National Park, located between Yellowstone National Park & Jackson Hole
- Jackson Lake Lodge, Wyoming
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 02, 2018)
Do you have experience working in maintenance? Do you enjoy the “great outdoors”? Would you like to spend the summer minutes away from some of the country’s best hiking, climbing, fishing & sightseeing while receiving a paycheck? If this sounds good to you then come and have the “Experience of a Lifetime” working in the majestic Grand Teton National Park, located between Yellowstone National Park & historic Jackson, Wyoming.
The Refrigeration Technician is responsible for conducting diagnose refrigeration and heating equipment malfunctions and make the needed repairs or modifications to the electrical and mechanical apparatus as needed to keep the systems operating efficiently at all times. Perform the equipment manufacturers suggested maintenance programs on a fixed schedule. Benefits include vacation/sick leave, generous health/vision/dental insurance, 401k plan, and ski passes.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must maintain accurate inventory records of all refrigerant gas. This includes gas purchased, how much was put in each piece of equipment, and what was recycled or reclaimed per EPA requirements.
- Responsible for the start-up and shut down of all refrigerated equipment for the operating season.
- Supports company environmental initiatives by maintaining equipment to maximize energy, water and fuel efficiency.
- Attend training and observe all applicable OSHA and other regulatory compliance programs and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required by human resources and the EH&S office. Programs include, but are not limited to: permit-required confined spaces; respiratory protection; blood-borne pathogens; personal protective equipment (PPE); hearing conservation; lockout-tag out; spill prevention, control, and countermeasure plan; drivers safety; and, general proper operation of machinery and equipment.
- Supervise, organize and plan refrigeration maintenance and construction projects on a daily, weekly and monthly schedule.
- Other duties as assigned by management
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Minimum 2 years of refrigeration experience or equivalent (ice machines, commercial refrigeration and heating equipment)
- Must hold a valid EPA certificate and be able to order, handle, recycle and reclaim various refrigerants
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Capable of moderately strenuous activity (such as occasionally moving heavy equipment)
- Systems troubleshooting and problem solving
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Knowledge of Micro Main or other computerized maintenance program
- Ability to read and comprehend schematics
- Multiple fields of experience (kitchen, laundry, electrical, etc.)
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as free staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com