Cooks Who Want a Taste of National Park Life in Grand Tetons
Come work and play in one of the most visited national parks in the U.S.
- Grand Teton National Park , Wyoming
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Jul 31, 2018)
Prep for a great career with Grand Teton Lodge Company & Vail Resorts by sharpening your culinary skills and expertise in a fast-paced, large volume resort environment. When not preparing amazing food for our guests; enjoy exploring two national parks in your backyard: Grand Teton National Park & Yellowstone National Park!
The GTLC culinary team takes much pride in the quality of food that we serve and in the development of our culinary members. Raw and fresh ingredients are purchased so that the staff can prepare items from the most basic form. Almost all items are cooked from scratch. We have an onsite Butcher Shop, Bakery, Saucier, and Garde Manger. Our emphasis is for culinary members to gain knowledge of food theory and techniques. We partner with our other Vail properties to place employees at a variety of locations in the winter. Many employees return summer after summer to take new positions with GTLC & Flagg Ranch to further their culinary careers.
- Opening, setting up, running and closing of the line or station assigned
- Preparing dishes to specification by the chef
- Training and assisting other line cooks and cook assistants on a day to day basis for prep and other functions in the kitchen
- Ensuring the kitchen is kept in a clean, neat and organized condition according to federal health standards
- 1+ years Line Cooking experience
- Knowledge of different stations like grill, garde manger and sauté
- High volume cooking