Create amazing culinary experiences while enjoying the mountain lifestyle at Grand Targhee Resort!
Grand Targhee Resort is nestled in the Grand Teton Mountain Range, just outside Grand Teton National Park.
- Alta, Wyoming
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
*** To apply please visit our website and fill out our online application or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Provide excellent service to guests by directing staff in meeting quality standards in food handling, preparation, safety and sanitation. Offer guidance and supervision to line staff. Three to five years of related experience.
Grand Targhee Resort offers competitive pay, an incentive program and a comprehensive benefits package: Medical and Dental, Vision, matching 401k, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Generous Paid Time off and great perks!
Grand Targhee Resort is a year-round destination situated on the western slopes of the Tetons in the Caribou-Targhee National Forest. Throughout the Summer you will find over 56 miles of multi-use trails and 2,200 vertical feet of lift-serviced downhill trails. Grand Targhee is the perfect base camp for your summer adventures with Grand Teton National Park directly to the East and Yellowstone National Park to the North. For the music lover, Grand Targhee hosts the annual Grand Targhee Bluegrass Festival and Targhee Fest! During the Winter Grand Targhee has 2602 skiable acres and averages over 500 inches of snow per season. Throughout the winter you will experience some of the best powder on earth, along with the serenity and beauty of the Tetons. This makes Grand Targhee the perfect place for avid powder hounds and for those who simply enjoy the serenity and grandeur of the mountains.
Full job description below:
This position assists the F&B Culinary Team to ensure the highest quality possible products, professional working conditions & environment, employee performance, safety and sanitation. Assists in supervising staff by making sure that policies and procedures are followed. Maintains a high-quality operation by monitoring employees' job productivity and participating in training and scheduling. As a guest-focused organization, a crucial part of each employee’s job is to get and keep guests. A key part of every employee's job is to serve as a Targhee ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in job performance evaluations by observing employees' daily job performance.
- Assists in providing quality to guests by directing staff in meeting quality standards in food handling and preparation, safety and sanitation.
- Contributes to team effort by participating in daily food service tasks as assigned or as needed.
- Acts as an intermediary between the kitchen and wait staff to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Runs all day-to-day culinary operations in absence of Village Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- Maintains the kitchen areas and machinery to the satisfaction of our F&B department and the Teton County Health Department.
- Mentors subordinates to follow a crafted vision for the Branding Iron operation for quality, service, cleanliness, sustainability, safety, organization, and finance.
- Contributes to training programs of the culinary team.
- Provides input on menus, specials, events, and animated evenings.
- Choose the product that compliments service and quality objectives, but also considers costs.
- Conducts physical inventories as instructed
- Maintains the good working condition of equipment and lets F&B Director know if the equipment is not operating properly – and follows up with completion.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment
- Disciplines staff as necessary and instructs subordinates about changes in policy and current policy relating to all company matters
- Is a role model for all things culinary and creative.
- Is always a positive representative of Grand Targhee resort as well as the food & beverage department.
- Offers input and creative instruction about future changes, capital deployment, and purchase of wares to enhance all Grand Targhee Food and Beverage Outlets.
- Is available at all times as needed.
- Understands the working nature of the department’s Vendors and is familiar with their uses and support of the operation.
- Is a leader within the Food & Beverage department and should be available to offer guidance and input to all things culinary regardless of the location
- Provides excellent guest service to both external & internal customers
- Flexible working hours. Some job sharing may be required.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
1. Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Grand Targhee Resort guests at all times.
2. Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
3. Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to the immediate supervisor.
4. Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures.
5. Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
6. Drive in accordance with the law and Grand Targhee Resort policies.
Lead, train, develop and inspire the culinary team by setting the example for work ethic and skills.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Basic knowledge of methods and procedures related to food service industry. Six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic HACCP training preferred.
Contacts with guests and employees involving the routine exchange of information. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Able to use good judgment & decision making skills in completing job responsibilities
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Must be able to use unit conversions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Routine duties require the use of various policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.