Looking for an experienced Facilities Tech to join us in our Year-Round Paradise!
Grand Targhee Resort is nestled in the Grand Teton Mountain Range, just outside Grand Teton National Park.
- Alta, Wyoming
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Grand Targhee Resort in Alta, Wyoming is looking for a Facilities Technician to come join our team!
Brand new low-cost housing available with payroll deduction, employee discounts on food and retail, as well as a free employee pass to ski & snowboard at Grand Targhee with reciprocal passes at other local resorts!
Completes general maintenance and repair of resort facilities, including basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, drywall & painting. Assists with parking during special events and the winter season. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Targhee ambassador, engaging the guests at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform repair jobs including basic plumbing, carpentry, painting, hvac, drywall repairs, and electrical.
- Respond to all maintenance calls and troubleshoot issues efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to be self-motivated, organized, responsible, follow established protocol and work alone.
- Comfortable working at heights (rooftops, ladders, man-basket).
- Capability to operate, or learn to operate, a skid steer and fork truck.
- Assist with base area winter snow removal operations as needed.
- Perform daily pool/spa maintenance, including detailed record keeping.
- Flexible working hours. Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and evenings. Some job sharing may be required.
- Help with other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
- Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Grand Targhee Resort guests at all times.
- Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals and timely completion of required OSHA training.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
- Drive in accordance with the law and Grand Targhee Resort policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate will possess a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a driving background check. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Prefer one-year certificate from college or technical school; or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, drywall, painting, and pool/spa strongly preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply to join our team, or if you would like more information on what it's like to work here, please visit our website!