Come "Elevate" your Career as a Housekeeping Manager at Grand Targhee Resort in Wyoming!
Grand Targhee Resort is nestled in the Grand Teton Mountain Range, just outside Grand Teton National Park.
- Alta, Wyoming
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
*** To apply please visit our website and fill out our online application.
Grand Targhee Resort is a year-round destination situated on the western slopes of the Tetons in the Caribou-Targhee National Forest. Throughout the Summer you will find over 56 miles of multi-use trails and 2,200 vertical feet of lift serviced downhill trails. Grand Targhee is the perfect base camp for your summer adventures with Grand Teton National Park directly to the East and Yellowstone National Park to the North. For the music lover Grand Targhee hosts the annual Grand Targhee Bluegrass Festival and Targhee Fest! During the Winter Grand Targhee has 2602 skiable acres and averages over 500 inches of snow per season. Throughout the winter you will experience some of the best powder on earth, along with the serenity and beauty of the Tetons. This makes Grand Targhee the perfect place for avid powder hounds and for those who simply enjoy the serenity and grandeur of the mountains.
Full job description below:
Responsible for the overall operation of the resort’s housekeeping department. Areas of responsibility include all lodging and public areas at the resort and occasional support in our Property Management division. Provides direction and supervision for laundry, housekeeping and custodial staff. Orders and maintains cleaning & linen supplies for resort. Manages to budget for financial responsibility. A key part of every employee's job is to serve as a Targhee ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for consistent delivery of high quality guest service, presentation, and cleanliness in all phases of the lodging operation.
- Oversee Hiring, motivate, evaluate and direct staff to ensure adequate guidance and devotion of resources to accomplish established goals and objectives.
- Create and build training program Ensuring that all employees receive the training, support, guidance, feedback and resources necessary to service guests consistently.
- Delegate responsibility when appropriate, motivate, support, and lead direct reports to achieve goals and objectives.
- Communicates with the maintenance department when repairs are needed in lodges and public areas using work order system as much as possible.
- Ensure that all public areas are cleaned, supplied, with adequate Lead Position guidance
- Responsible for purchasing and providing the resort’s laundry & linen services.
- Manages cleanliness of all public area spaces including administrations and their offices.
- Maintains and communicates current room status and changes.
- Prepares inter-department billing of housekeeping supplies and services and keep accurate billing and accounting records approve invoices as appropriate.
- Ensure that all equipment, machinery, and vehicles are maintained and operational.
- Closely monitor all hazardous chemicals to ensure that they are properly labeled stored and maintain accurate and organized MSDS on line files in case of emergencies and spills.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of cleaning supplies and linens.
- Research prices, terms, and available chemicals in order to ensure the most cost effective and environmentally friendly purchases for the resort.
- Work as inspector or housekeeper when necessary
- Propose and manage to budgets for On Mountain Housekeeping, and Public Areas.
- Work closely with all resort departments to accomplish overall resort goals.
- Oversee the scheduling of employee’s working shifts.
- Oversee all housekeeping employees in the proper use of hazardous chemicals and proper methods of cleaning up hazardous body fluids, etc.
- Embrace Resort Sustainability Initiatives. Work closely with Resort Naturalist to reduce resort’s environmental impact from operations.
- Ensure and research the proper safety gear and see that it is available and used by employees.
- Interview, check references and hire staff with Supervisor.
- Manage to and when needed conduct regular meetings with Department staff and Executive Housekeepers.
- Works closely with Front Office Supervisor, Maintenance Department and other lodging staff to ensure smooth department operations.
- Foster teamwork among staff.
- Maintain an open door policy with employees.
- Flexible working hours. Some job sharing may be required.
- Oversee and manage to daily labor processing approvals, including updating daily rooms nights and sending end of day wrap up this responsibility is shared with Supervisor.
- Share all responsibilities of Internationals programs including picking up, dropping off and obtaining Social Security Numbers with Supervisor and Team Lead.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
- Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Grand Targhee Resort guests at all times.
- Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
- Drive in accordance with the law and Grand Targhee Resort policies.
Manages a staff of approximately 25 employees in the Lodging & Property Management Departments. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the resort’s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires strong leadership, organizational and managerial skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and have past experience with hospitality software and basic interface computer knowledge.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; degree from four-year college or university or a minimum of four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish speaking skills preferred.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.