Come "elevate" your career as an Executive Housekeeping Manager at Grand Targhee Resort in Wyoming!
Grand Targhee Resort is nestled in the Grand Teton Mountain Range, just outside Grand Teton National Park.
- Alta, Wyoming
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 01, 2020)
The Executive Housekeeping Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the resort’s housekeeping department. Areas of responsibility include all lodging and public areas at the resort and occasional support in our Property Management division. Provides direction and supervision for laundry, housekeeping and custodial staff. Orders and maintains cleaning & linen supplies for resort. Manages to budget for financial responsibility. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Targhee ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for consistent delivery of high quality guest service, presentation, and cleanliness in all phases of the lodging operation.
- Oversee Hiring, motivate, evaluate and direct staff to ensure adequate guidance and devotion of resources to accomplish established goals and objectives.
- Assists in the management of the Property Management housekeeping department.
- Create and build training program Ensuring that all employees receive the training, support, guidance, feedback, and resources necessary to service guests consistently.
- Delegate responsibility when appropriate, motivate, support, and lead direct reports to achieve goals and objectives.
- Communicates with the maintenance department when repairs are needed in lodges and public areas using work order system as much as possible.
- Ensure that all public areas are cleaned, supplied, with adequate Lead Position guidance
- Responsible for purchasing and providing the resort’s laundry & linen services.
- Manages cleanliness of all public area spaces including administrations and their offices.
- Maintains and communicates current room status and changes.
- Prepares inter-department billing of housekeeping supplies and services and keep accurate billing and accounting records approve invoices as appropriate.
- Ensure that all equipment, machinery, and vehicles are maintained and operational.
- Closely monitor all hazardous chemicals to ensure that they are properly labeled stored and maintain accurate and organized MSDS on line files in case of emergencies and spills.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of cleaning supplies and linens.
- Research prices, terms, and available chemicals in order to ensure the most cost-effective and environmentally friendly purchases for the resort.
- Work as inspector or housekeeper when necessary
- Propose and manage to budgets for On Mountain Housekeeping, and Public Areas.
- Work closely with all resort departments to accomplish overall resort goals.
- Oversee the scheduling of employee’s working shifts.
- Oversee all housekeeping employees in the proper use of hazardous chemicals and proper methods of cleaning up hazardous body fluids, etc.
- Embrace Resort Sustainability Initiatives. Work closely with Resort Naturalists to reduce the resort’s environmental impact from operations.
- Ensure and research the proper safety gear and see that it is available and used by employees.
- Interview, check references and hire staff with Supervisor.
- Manage to and when needed conduct regular meetings with Department staff and Lead Housekeepers.
- Works closely with Front Office Supervisor, Maintenance Department and other lodging staff to ensure smooth department operations.
- Foster teamwork among staff.
- Maintain an open-door policy with employees.
- Flexible working hours. Some job sharing may be required.
- Oversee and manage to daily labor processing approvals, including updating daily rooms nights and sending end of day wrap up this responsibility is shared with Supervisor.
- Share all responsibilities of Internationals programs including picking up, dropping off and obtaining Social Security Numbers with Supervisor and Team Lead.
Manages a staff of approximately 25 employees in the Lodging & Property Management Departments. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the resort’s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.