Elevate Your Winter in the Tetons!
Grand Targhee Resort is situated on the western slopes of the amazing Tetons!
- Beautiful Alta, Wyoming
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Nov 21, 2017)
*** To apply please visit http://www.grandtarghee.com/grand-targhee-resort-employment/ and fill out our online application!
Grand Targhee Resort is a year-round destination situated on the western slopes of the Tetons in the Caribou-Targhee National Forest. Throughout the Summer you will find over 56 miles of multi-use trails and 2,200 vertical feet of lift serviced downhill trails. Grand Targhee is the perfect base camp for your summer adventures with Grand Teton National Park directly to the East and Yellowstone National Park to the North. For the music lover Grand Targhee hosts the annual Grand Targhee Bluegrass Festival and Targhee Fest! During the Winter Grand Targhee has 2602 skiable acres and averages over 500 inches of snow per season. Throughout the winter you will experience some of the best powder on earth, along with the serenity and beauty of the Tetons. This makes Grand Targhee the perfect place for avid powder hounds and for those who simply enjoy the serenity and grandeur of the mountains.
Full job description below:
Greet and assist people visiting the Human Resources Department, answering general questions, and providing information as requested. Assists with recruiting and serves as the primary contact for applicants and J-1 student visa workers. Coordinates the paperwork, uniform distribution, and processing of new and rehired employees. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of employment records including data entry and file management. Responsible for other Human Resource functions to include: employee celebrations, wellness initiatives, and employee communications. Assist guests and staff members in a timely and efficient manner. A key part of every employee's job is to serve as a Targhee ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promptly greet and assist all employees, applicants, and guests coming into Human Resources.
- Process new and returning employees in accordance with hiring policies.
- Work with Supervisors to ensure completion of all paperwork related to new hires, rehires, reclassifications, and separations.
- Screen job applicants through initial Human Resources review and forward acceptable applications to the appropriate manager/supervisor.
- Distribute, tracking and inventorying of employee uniforms.
- Create and organize company employee celebrations, activities, events and employee wellness initiatives.
- Assists in resort recruiting efforts including evaluating needs, posting open positions, as appropriate and updating the Targhee website.
- Assist with employment verifications, unemployment responses, and other employment/employee related inquiries.
- Attend job fairs or other recruiting events.
- Coordinates the hiring of J-1 student visa workers between an agency and hiring managers.
- Responsible for responding to all employment inquiries in a timely manner.
- Accurately describe available positions to applicants and matching applicants with appropriate openings, matching position qualifications and applicant interests & experience.
- Responsible for employee record and payroll set up and maintenance, pay records, tax records, direct deposit, etc.
- May assist with payroll processing and training
- Input and track employee payroll deductions.
- Support and assist supervisors with time card/time clock issues.
- Responsible for filing of all employee paperwork and maintenance of employee files, with assistance from the department as needed.
- Assist with orientation and supervisor training.
- Maintain uncompromising integrity of confidential information.
- Use initiative to independently perform recurring office work.
- May assist in other departments as needed and may perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
- Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Grand Targhee Resort guests at all times.
- Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
- Drive in accordance with the law and Grand Targhee Resort policies.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources strongly preferred
- One year of related experience preferred
- Top performing recent graduates will be considered
- Recent experience with and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, to include Access, Publisher, and Excel
- Experience in database and file management preferred
- Experience in the ski resort industry a plus
- Strong written and verbal skills necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of people.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret employment and safety-related law.
- Ability to speak Spanish, helpful.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, mean, median, minimum, maximum, percent, and to draw and interpret graphs.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess people skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work with multiple interruptions.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to deal with confidential materials and information professionally.
- Must be well organized, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- This job requires the handling of sensitive and confidential information. Uncompromising integrity is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met and may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.