LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. as an HR Administrative Assistant at the Grand Canyon South Rim!
This is your chance to LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $38,000.00 / year
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Administrative/HR team in Grand Canyon National Park!
Grand Canyon National Park Lodges operates 6 hotels, 3 retail shops, and various restaurants and dining facilities in the historic Grand Canyon Village. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top-notch hospitality.
We’re hiring a Human Resources Administrative Assistant to Live. Work. Explore. at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon!
Greet visitors and provide relevant information to all newly arriving staff. Generate timely reports using HRIS data and handle administrative tasks for the Director as assigned.
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Pay: $38,000 per year
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours, 5 days/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Why Grand Canyon South Rim?
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection®, we are the primary authorized concessionaire at the Grand Canyon South Rim, and proud stewards of the park.
Life at the South Rim:
- Low-cost employee housing (dormitory-style) and on-site employee meals (cafeteria-style)
- Free on-site laundry facility, free shuttle service, and Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
Benefits and Perks:
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers, and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on your birthday with restaurant & retail discounts
- Discounted mule rides
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Exclusive retail, lodging, and dining discounts at other Xanterra properties
- Generous benefit program for eligible employees
- 15% Verizon service/products discount
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Designs and generates employee and historical reports as scheduled and on-demand to meet the needs of the Human Resources Department, as well as other departments. Creates reports as requested utilizing corporate resources, iCIMS, and the HRIS database.
- Participates in continual training to stay current with HRIS changes/updates and conducts training for HR staff as needed.
- Provide support to front office clerical as needed and serve as the primary backup to data entry positions as needed.
- Provide outstanding guest service in employment onboarding.
- Provide comprehensive welcome and relevant information to all newly arriving staff including details regarding orientation, way-finding and ID cards, meals, direct deposit, and more.
- Assist a large volume of employees with general questions and concerns, routing to appropriate staff members as needed. Manage phone calls and face-to-face inquiries from current staff, visitors, and applicants.
- Compile and submit supply orders for HR and Training departments to include warehouse stocked items and special orders. Utilize the purchasing system as required.
- Coordinate communication with vendors such as the Xerox repair technician as needed.
- Manages Human Resources Director’s phone messages along with incoming and outgoing correspondence, including inter-office mail, faxes, mail, and corporate correspondence.
- Processes memos, expense reports, and letters for HR Director, Assistant Director, and HR Manager as requested.
- Sorts, files, and distributes Fire & Security reports as needed.
- Direct inquiries from government agencies and financial institutions for wage/employment information on current and former employees, as well as requests for employment information to the Inverify reporting system in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for administering the I-9 process to include facilitating Tracker I-9 procedures and E-Verify compliance, to include timely entry of all new hires and thorough follow-up as required.
- Prepares and submits all Special Rate Requests for employees of HR Department for South Rim discounts and all Special Rate Requests for any employee of South Rim visiting another Xanterra property, including train reservations.
- Coordinate the Employee of the Month and Manager of the Quarter Program.
- Support Human Resources Generalist with applicant and pre-arrival responsibilities as needed.
- Coordinate department special events and recognition of department birthdays and anniversaries.
- Assist with confidential filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years HRIS experience desired, including data entry and report writing. Proficiency with iCIMS or CloudeSuite also desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Professional business communication skills with the ability to impart and receive complex messages on a continual basis.
- Prior Human Resource office experience and/or administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to research and properly resolve problems.
- Ability to learn and train personnel in data entry, report generation, and general use of Cloudsuite HRMS.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks/projects accurately and within an established time frame.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!