LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. as the Assistant Director of Human Resources at Grand Canyon South Rim!
This is your chance to LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $75,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Administrative/HR team in Grand Canyon National Park!
Grand Canyon National Park Lodges operates 6 hotels, 3 retail shops, and various restaurants and dining facilities in the historic Grand Canyon Village. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top-notch hospitality.
We’re hiring an Assistant Director of Human Resources to Live. Work. Explore. at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon!
Assist the Human Resources Director in the day to day operations of the human resources departments with an emphasis on recruiting and staffing operations. Provide direct oversight to the training and Community Recreation Center operations.
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Pay: $75,000+ per year
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours, 5 days/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Housing: 3-bedroom house on-site for only $195/month
Why Grand Canyon South Rim?
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection®, we are the primary authorized concessionaire at the Grand Canyon South Rim, and proud stewards of the park.
Life at the South Rim:
- This position is eligible for low-cost, private employee housing and on-site employee meals (cafeteria-style)
- Free on-site laundry facility, free shuttle service, and Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
Benefits and Perks:
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers, and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on your birthday with restaurant & retail discounts
- Discounted mule rides
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Exclusive retail, lodging, and dining discounts at other Xanterra properties
- Generous benefit program for eligible employees
- 15% Verizon service/products discount
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Supervise the Training Manager to ensure that new hire orientation and compliance training is offered to meet company requirements.
- Ability to effectively present required training on reasonable suspicion, workplace harassment, and legally compliant hiring practices as needed.
- Supervise the Community Recreation Center manager to ensure the provision of a clean and safe Community Recreation Center, offering a variety of programming to meet the needs of a diverse community.
- Supervise the drug and alcohol testing program and ensure that the GCSR Substance Abuse Policy is administered consistently.
- Assume responsibilities for the Human Resources departments in the absence of the Director.
- Be available to all employees to discuss concerns, corrective action, employment, transfers, and other issues pertinent to the employee.
- Provide counsel and advice to department managers/supervisors regarding human resources-related issues with their personnel.
- In the Director’s absence, approve employment terminations by reviewing reason(s) and documentation thoroughly with managers before action is taken.
- Review and measure results of the talent operations and modify efforts and practices as required to ensure cost-effectiveness and meet staffing needs.
- Manages the employee onboarding, off-boarding, and engagement surveys and partners with the HR Director and department leaders to develop strategic action plans in response to survey data.
- Oversee and approve offers of employment for salaried positions, ensuring a legally compliant hiring process.
- Work with international applicants and agencies in recruiting seasonal staff. Manage the J1 internship program.
- Communicate with departments on staffing needs and ensure that the talent department is providing outstanding support and service to our hiring managers and our applicants.
- Ensure that an adequate number of offers are generated to meet property needs throughout the year.
- Ensure proper administration of the Xanterra South Rim and Xanterra Travel Collection Policies and Procedures.
- Project a commitment to the company's sustainability policy.
- Responsible for property-wide Director on Duty duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years of progressive human resources management experience, preferably in a national park operation.
- Professional HR certification preferred such as SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR.
- Effective communication and leadership skills in dealing with a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated experience in domestic and international recruiting operations and ability to achieve and maintain peak staffing of 860 employees.
- Hospitality experience with demonstrated knowledge of position requirements for a majority of hotel/resort, food & beverage, and retail operation positions.
- Knowledge of EEO/AA policies, FLSA regulations, and legal complaint interviewing and hiring practices.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS systems. Experience with iCIMS is preferred.
- Experience with methods of pre-employment testing, such as Predictive Index, desired.
- Ability to give directives and ensure the administration and compliance of such directives.
- Possess or obtain an Arizona Drivers’ License and comply with the company Driver Safety Program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!