LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. as the Guest Services Manager at the Grand Canyon!
This is your chance to LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $42,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Lodging team in Grand Canyon National Park!
Grand Canyon National Park Lodges operates 6 hotels, 3 retail shops, and various restaurants and dining facilities in the historic Grand Canyon Village. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top-notch hospitality.
We’re hiring a Guest Service Manager to Live. Work. Explore. at the south rim of the Grand Canyon!
Control front office operations of their assigned lodge/hotel and set the standards for desk organization and function, resulting in quality guest service.
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours, 5 days/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Why Grand Canyon South Rim?
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection®, we are the primary authorized concessionaire at the Grand Canyon South Rim, and proud stewards of the park.
Life at the South Rim:
- Low-cost employee housing (dormitory-style) and on-site employee meals (cafeteria-style)
- Free on-site laundry facility, free shuttle service, and Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
Benefits and Perks:
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers, and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on your birthday with restaurant & retail discounts
- Discounted mule rides
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Exclusive retail, lodging, and dining discounts at other Xanterra properties
- Generous benefit program for eligible employees
- 15% Verizon service/products discount
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Continually focus on providing exceptional guest service and supervise staff to ensure they adhere to the established standards.
- Supervise staff daily and constantly evaluate the job performance of Bell staff, Guest Service Agents, Lead Agents, Assistant Front Office Manager, and Concierge.
- Schedule for front desk and bell coverage according to business demands to establish an efficient and economical operation.
- Coordinate the training of new employees and the ongoing training of front office staff. Conduct annual reviews for assigned staff and administer corrective action as necessary.
- Supervise and control rooms throughout shift to prevent double bookings, sleepers, and other room errors, and to maintain room control. Report out-of-order rooms to Maintenance and Rooms Department Management.
- Manage the blocking of VIP rooms, tour rooms, and special requests.
- Work closely with Sales Office on tour group bookings, ensuring proper room counts, rooming lists, and billing.
- Maintain the shift log and respond to issues and occurrences noted.
- Monitor cash flow and credit operations of the desk while maintaining accuracy in account handling and reconciling any discrepancies.
- Maintain key control and guest security procedures.
- Oversee all public areas and guest rooms for assigned unit.
- Maintain room inventory by keeping abreast of all revenue lost through out-of-order rooms and other maintenance problems. Resolve such problems in a timely basis with Maintenance, Housekeeping and the Assistant Rooms Director.
- Maintain and uphold all Front of the House operations while setting the standards of high guest service.
- Ensure that assigned staff is adhering to all Xanterra South Rim and NPS policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Lost & Found, Cash Handling, Risk, Sustainability, etc.
- Use a sense of discretion and professionalism when handling guest complaints, make adjustments on accounts when warranted.
- Administer all front office and Rooms Department policies and procedures.
- Maintain open communications with all departments and unit staff/management members to ensure issues are reported and resolved.
- Work with designated accounting personnel to resolve billings and reconciliations.
- Keep Rooms Department Management informed of front desk issues and concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years rooms, lodging, or operation management experience in a high volume and high occupancy resort/hotel.
- Ability to train new personnel and maintain ongoing training programs.
- Ability to lead a diverse guest clientele in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication. Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License and comply with Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy and obtain/carry a passing DOT medical card.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!