LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. as a Maintenance Technician at the Grand Canyon South Rim!
This is your chance to LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $17.70 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Engineering & Maintenance team in Grand Canyon National Park!
Grand Canyon National Park Lodges operates 6 hotels, 3 retail shops, and various restaurants and dining facilities in the historic Grand Canyon Village. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top-notch hospitality.
We’re hiring General Maintenance Technicians to Live. Work. Explore. at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon!
Responsible for responding to general maintenance work orders and performing general preventive maintenance.
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Season Dates: Immediate Start Preferred
Pay: $17.70 per hour
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours, 5 days/per week, usually 3pm - 11pm (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Why Grand Canyon South Rim?
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection®, we are the primary authorized concessionaire at the Grand Canyon South Rim, and proud stewards of the park.
Life at the South Rim:
- Low-cost employee housing (dormitory-style) and on-site employee meals (cafeteria-style)
- Free on-site laundry facility, free shuttle service, and Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
Benefits and Perks:
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers, and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on your birthday with restaurant & retail discounts
- Discounted mule rides
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Exclusive retail, lodging, and dining discounts at other Xanterra properties
- Generous benefit program for eligible employees
- 15% Verizon service/products discount
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Complete all assigned maintenance requests, ensuring timely completion, thoroughness and cost effectiveness.
- Completely maintain water softeners according to preventive maintenance schedule in designated areas, including maintaining salt inventory.
- Perform required equipment preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Perform electrical equipment troubleshooting repair to 480-volt three-phase systems as it applies to the preventive maintenance system.
- Perform lighting/ballast repairs on indoor/outdoor lighting.
- Acidize torpedo water heaters in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist with training and development of lower General Maintenance grades.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and sustainability policies and procedures.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times when performing tasks.
- Work second shift as needed.
- Be available for after hour call outs as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five-years experience in general building maintenance, or in trades such as electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, etc.
- Experience in concrete, tile and basic welding.
- Possess or obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s License within 90 days of start date and comply with the Company Driver Safety Program.
- Possess physical ability to complete assigned tasks, including entering confined space, ascending/descending ladder, and safely lifting up to one hundred pounds.
Physical Requirements Include:
- Walk and stand constantly throughout shift
- Frequently handle, reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, squat/kneel, and bend
- Frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift and carry over 100 pounds
- Frequently push and pull up to 100 pounds
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!