LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. as a Bell Person at Grand Canyon South Rim!
This is your chance to LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $13.85 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Lodging team in Grand Canyon National Park!
Grand Canyon National Park Lodges operates 6 hotels, 3 retail shops, and various restaurants and dining facilities in the historic Grand Canyon Village. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top-notch hospitality.
We’re hiring a Bell Person to Live. Work. Explore. at the south rim of the Grand Canyon!
Provide Bell service to guests, including luggage handling and assisting with tour groups.
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Pay: $13.85 per hour plus tips
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours, 5 days/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Why Grand Canyon South Rim?
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection®, we are the primary authorized concessionaire at the Grand Canyon South Rim, and proud stewards of the park.
Life at the South Rim:
- Low-cost employee housing (dormitory-style) and on-site employee meals (cafeteria-style)
- Free on-site laundry facility, free shuttle service, and Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
Benefits and Perks:
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers, and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on your birthday with restaurant & retail discounts
- Discounted mule rides
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Exclusive retail, lodging, and dining discounts at other Xanterra properties
- Generous benefit program for eligible employees
- 15% Verizon service/products discount
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Provide bell service to guests by taking luggage to and from room, including tour groups and individual guest parties.
- Assist the front desk with check in and check out as directed by Bell Captain or front office management.
- Check luggage, packs, etc. in bell storage area and maintain security of items in storage.
- Attend to tour group luggage delivery and pick up in a timely manner, ensuring proper procedures for handling tour luggage are followed in detail.
- Complete all Bell paperwork and submit to Bell Captain or front office management.
- Assist the front desk in delivering messages, running errands, and providing information and directions to guests.
- Assist the porters in maintaining the cleanliness of the lobby areas, entrances and other public areas of the lodging facilities.
- Cross-Train as a Guest Service Agent to be able to assist the Front Desk operations when needed.
- Assist tour drivers and/or tour escorts as necessary with baggage schedule, special requests, etc.
- Adhere to all Grand Canyon National Park Lodges and NPS lost and found procedures.
- Wear required personal protective equipment as required while performing job.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of guest services with ability to convey information to guests.
- Possess valid Arizona Driver’s License and comply with Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy and obtain/carry a valid Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card and ability to drive at highway speeds comfortably.
- Experience with computers and Windows-based software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer and typing skills and experience with email systems such as Outlook.
- Physically able to carry 50+ pounds of luggage while ascending/descending stairs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!