LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. as the Assistant Front Office Manager at the Grand Canyon South Rim!
This is your chance to LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $35,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Lodging team in Grand Canyon National Park!
Grand Canyon National Park Lodges operates 6 hotels, 3 retail shops, and various restaurants and dining facilities in the historic Grand Canyon Village. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top-notch hospitality.
We’re hiring an Assistant Front Office Manager to Live. Work. Explore. at the south rim of the Grand Canyon!
Operate the front office to the standards set by the Front Office Manager at all times resulting in quality guest service. Responsible for operation of the front desk in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Pay: $35,000+ per year
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours, 5 days/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Why Grand Canyon South Rim?
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection®, we are the primary authorized concessionaire at the Grand Canyon South Rim, and proud stewards of the park.
Life at the South Rim:
- Low-cost employee housing (dormitory-style) and on-site employee meals (cafeteria-style)
- Free on-site laundry facility, free shuttle service, and Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
Benefits and Perks:
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers, and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on your birthday with restaurant & retail discounts
- Discounted mule rides
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Exclusive retail, lodging, and dining discounts at other Xanterra properties
- Generous benefit program for eligible employees
- 15% Verizon service/products discount
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Continually focus on providing exceptional guest service.
- Assist Front Office Manager in the daily supervision and evaluation of Bell Staff, Guest Service Agents, Lead Agents and Concierge.
- Operate front office in the absence of the Front Office Manager to ensure that proper guest service is professionally and respectfully provided. Keep the Front Office Manager aware of all situations through verbal communication and e-mail.
- Train new front desk staff and assist in providing on-going training to front office staff.
- Assist in monitoring cash flow and credit operations of the desk while maintaining accuracy in account handling and reconciling any discrepancies.
- Maintain strict key control and guest security.
- Ensure that assigned staff is adhering to all Xanterra South Rim and NPS lost and found policies and procedures.
- Oversee all public areas and guest rooms. Maintain room inventory by keeping abreast of all revenue lost through out-of-order rooms, NAFS and other maintenance problems. Resolve such problems in a timely basis with Maintenance, Housekeeping and the Front Office Manager.
- Use a sense of discretion and professionalism when handling guest complaints, make adjustments on accounts when warranted. Assist in maintaining and upholding front desk operations in order to provide a high level of guest service.
- Run reports on a timely basis to ensure that skips, sleeps are discovered, that bucket checks are completed to prevent overbooking, and to maximize room sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess sufficient experience and technical expertise in all functions of the Front Office especially with Opera front office software.
- Ability to provide ongoing training to front desk staff.
- Must be able to professionally interact with the public in a variety of situations demonstrating knowledge of park facilities, activities and features.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
Physical Requirements include:
- Possess physical ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!