LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. as an HVAC Mechanic at the Grand Canyon!
This is your chance to LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our Maintenance & Engineering team as an HVAC Mechanic!
Grand Canyon National Park Lodges operates 6 hotels, 3 retail shops, and various restaurants and dining facilities in the historic Grand Canyon Village. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top-notch hospitality.
We’re hiring HVAC Mechanics to Live. Work. Explore. at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon!
HVAC Mechanics maintain and repair refrigeration and AC units at the Grand Canyon.
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Pay: $20.95 per hour (eligible for an apartment minutes from the rim of the canyon!)
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours, 5 days/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Why Grand Canyon South Rim?
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection®, we are the primary authorized concessionaire at the Grand Canyon South Rim, and proud stewards of the park.
Life at the South Rim:
- Low-cost employee housing (dormitory-style) and on-site employee meals (cafeteria-style)
- Free on-site laundry facility, free shuttle service, and Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
Benefits and Perks:
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers, and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on your birthday with restaurant & retail discounts
- Discounted mule rides
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Exclusive retail, lodging, and dining discounts at other Xanterra properties
- Generous benefit program for eligible employees
- 15% Verizon service/products discount
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Maintain all refrigeration and HVAC equipment on GCNPL property according to preventive maintenance schedule.
- Repair refrigeration and HVAC equipment as indicated on maintenance requests in a timely and correct manner while maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Assist with seasonal schedule for turning on and shutting down evaporative cooler units in the designated buildings.
- Assist with installation of new refrigeration units and heating units.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies and procedures regarding refrigeration and HVAC work.
- Wear all personal protective gear required for the position.
- Assist in the training and development of lower Refrigeration/HVAC grades.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum four years experience in Refrigeration mechanics and HVAC, and possess valid “Refrigeration Handling & Recovery” certificate.
- Ability to repair or replace domestic and commercial air conditioning, heating and refrigeration equipment and ice cubers, ranging from fractional horsepower up to 100 ton.
- Ability to dehydrate refrigeration systems with use of a vacuum pump.
- Ability to read and use refrigeration analyzing meters.
- Ability to work with voltages ranging from 0-480, single and 3-phase.
- Ability to read refrigeration and electric schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot refrigeration control circuits.
- Ability to repair circulating pumps and motors used on cooling towers and chiller systems.
- Ability to drain and winterize evaporative coolers, refrigeration equipment and ice cubers.
- Ability to join refrigeration copper, steel and aluminum piping; identify size of pipe and run steel or plastic pipe for cooling system.
- Ability to conduct daily inspections of refrigeration equipment to determine if equipment is in proper working condition.
- Ability to repair heating systems, which includes heat pumps and electric heat strips ranging from 0-480 volts.
- Possess or obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s License within 90 days of start date and comply with the Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy.
- Must possess physical ability to perform tasks, including entering confined spaces, ascending/descending ladders, and lifting.
- Must have proper certifications to handle refrigeration chemicals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!