LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. as an Entry-Level Cook at Grand Canyon National Park!
This is your chance to LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $15.40 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our Culinary team at Grand Canyon National Park as an Entry-Level Cook!
Enthusiastic about crafting an extraordinary dining experience? Grand Canyon National Park Lodges is looking for individuals who will create or serve an incredible culinary experience for our guests. Discover one beautiful adventure. The South Rim of the Grand Canyon is the most visited location in the park with breathtaking views, slick rock plateaus, and lush forests.
Start Date: Immediate preferred but flexible
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round OR Seasonal
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Employee Cafeteria available at reduced rates on a pay-as-you-go system
- Free wifi and computer access
- Free laundry facilities
- Free access to community rec center and sports courts
- $10/month access to fitness center
- Dorm-style housing available at $20/week via payroll deduction
- Benefits are offered to full time year-round employees
- Employee Learning and Development Programs
- Employee discounts on lodging, retail, and food and beverage products at all Xanterra Park locations
- Responsible for the quality, food safety/sanitation, and timeliness of dishes served.
- Ensure consistency in techniques to be used for proper food preparation, portioning, and plating as outlined in recipes, product rotation, and mise en place.
- Prepares a variety of food items using knives, electric mixers, ovens, fryers, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers.
- Previous kitchen experience with some cooking on a line or batch cooking, including fast food or fast-casual backgrounds.
- Basic knowledge of the production areas of the kitchen and equipment such as slicers, steamers, and kettles.
- Safe and proficient knife handling skills.
- Basic knowledge of ServeSafe HACCP food sanitation program with ability to apply necessary portions of program.
- Must be available to work evening shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Physical ability to lift thirty pounds of food product and carry it twenty-five feet minimum.
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time and work in high temperatures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Today" to submit your application now!