LIVE, WORK, EXPLORE as a Houseperson at Grand Canyon National Park!
This is your chance to LIVE, WORK, and EXPLORE in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $14.55 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our Lodging team at Grand Canyon South Rim as a Houseperson!
Are you enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By working at Grand Canyon National Park, you will get all three! No matter what your jobs is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top notch hospitality.
The Houseperson is responsible for cleaning and maintaining public lodging areas as well as performing minor repairs.
Wage: $14.55 per hour
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Start Date: Immediate preferred but can be flexible
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Lodging Discount 50% off Best Available Rate
- 30 – 40% Retail Discount at Xanterra Parks
- Discounts at Xanterra Adventure Companies
- 20 – 30% Food and Beverage Discounts at Xanterra Parks
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- 20 – 60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on Your Birthday with Restaurant & Retail Discounts
- Discounted Mule Rides Each Winter
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Wellness Programs and Health Fairs
- Keep lodge public areas such as restrooms, lobbies, entryways, walkways, hallways, and assigned outdoor areas clean throughout shift.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment, and wear weather appropriate attire for work in all four (4) weather seasons/conditions.
- Complete room deliveries of items as requested by the front desk, as well as requests from housekeeping.
- Communicate status of requests with the front desk and/or housekeeping throughout shift.
- Responsible for snow removal from walkways, porches and steps.
- Perform maintenance as directed in guest rooms for items such as bathroom fixtures, maintenance for tub, sink and toilet, and basic furniture repairs.
- Perform basic equipment repair on items such as lamps and vacuums.
- Maintain strict key control and care of radios.
- Provide safety warnings and place signage during cleaning of public areas.
- Immediately report any maintenance or safety issues to porter lead and front desk.
- Strictly follow all company and departmental policies and procedures; including handling of lost and found items, chemical safety, and cleaning safety.
- Adhere to the Softer Footprint environmental management system program as trained.
- Ability to complete Housekeeping training and clean guest rooms to standard as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to help out in all areas of the Rooms department.
- Willingness to work any shift within the 24 hour operation.
- Able to meet all physical requirements of the job, which include repetitive motion of all extremities and the back including continual kneeling, bending, twisting, lifting, pushing and long periods of standing/walking, and regularly lifting and transporting up to fifty pounds, etc.
- Ability to maintain high quality of work & high energy while take more than 15,000-20,000 steps per work day at an elevation of 7,000 ft.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with and project the image of professionalism, friendliness and willingness to provide personalized service to our varied customer base.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!