Live, Work, Explore at the bottom of Grand Canyon at the iconic Phantom Ranch!
Live, Work, Explore in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $13.85 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our Phantom Ranch team at Grand Canyon National Park!
Are you enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By working at Grand Canyon National Park, you will get all three! Become a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing unforgettable hospitality to our guests by joining our team! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur, and top-notch hospitality.
ABOUT PHANTOM RANCH
Phantom Ranch is a historic oasis nestled at the bottom of the Grand Canyon beside Bright Angel Creek. Phantom Ranch is the only lodging and dining below the canyon rim, and can only be reached by mule, on foot, or by rafting the Colorado River.
The Backcountry Kitchen & Hospitality crew will complete multiple task assignments at Phantom Ranch including housekeeping, food serving/bussing, and kitchen utility. Selected candidates will be required to hike to and from Phantom Ranch from the South Rim to make sure they can handle the depth, heat, and terrain of the Canyon. Travel expenses and lodging are the responsibility of the applicant.
Wage: $13.85 per hour
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Start Date: Immediately!
Schedule: Ten-day consecutive shift, must be able to hike from canyon rim to bottom.
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Discounted employee housing
- Discounted meals in the Employee Dining Room
- Employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties
- Generous benefits program for eligible employees
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers, and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on Your Birthday with Restaurant & Retail Discounts
- Discounted Mule Rides Each Winter
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Wellness Programs and Health Fairs
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- 20 – 60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
The Phantom Ranch Utility position covers numerous duties and responsibilities:
- Strip and make beds.
- Stock cabins with clean laundry.
- Clean cabins, guest dormitories, shower house, hiker restrooms, and laundry room.
- Wash all laundry.
- Maintain cleanliness of guest accommodations, grounds, and common areas.
- Clean all dishes, utensils, etc. used during the meal seating.
- Assist servers and cooks in plating and serving food.
- Clean kitchen and backroom facilities to sanitation standards.
- Responsible for collection and recycling of trash.
- Responsible for side window service/assistance during breakfast hours.
- Clean outside areas used for duffel service.
- Delivery of hot food items during the assigned meal period.
- Distribute lunches to guests.
- Clear tables and clean dining hall after meal seating.
- Responsible for counter sales, guest registration, and general guest information.
- Maintain all sanitation standards.
- Prepare lunches.
- Assist cooks as needed.
- Assist with dinner setup, table service, and clearing of tables.
- Assist evening kitchen with kitchen cleanup; collect trash, clean floors, etc.
- Follow all safety, risk management, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required for performing certain duties.
- Be a member of the Phantom Ranch emergency response team.
- Assist with the security of Phantom Ranch property.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to work ten-day consecutive work shifts.
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the job including, lifting, bending, and twisting.
- Able to work in extreme temperatures during summer months.
- Ability to hike from the Ranch to the rim and back under own physical power.
- Previous experience with Xanterra South Rim is preferred.
- Become certified in TIPS and Serve-Safe HACCP food sanitation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!