Now Hiring Interpretive Tour Bus Drivers at the iconic South Rim of the Grand Canyon!
This is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $19.30 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Come join our team at Grand Canyon National Park as a Tour Bus Driver!
Are you enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By working at Grand Canyon National Park, you will get all three! No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur, and top-notch hospitality.
We are looking for Interpretive Tour Drivers to provide narrative tours at the Grand Canyon South Rim! This position is accountable for driving tour buses as well as providing taxi service as needed in the Grand Canyon Village/Tusayan area.
Wage: $19.30 per hour
Housing: This position is eligible for a private bedroom in a shared apartment!
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Start Date: Immediately!
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection among the beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Lodging Discount 50% off Best Available Rate
- 30 – 40% Retail Discount at Xanterra Parks
- Discounts at Xanterra Adventure Companies
- 20 – 30% Food and Beverage Discounts at Xanterra Parks
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- 20 – 60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers, and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on Your Birthday with Restaurant & Retail Discounts
- Discounted Mule Rides Each Winter
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Wellness Programs and Health Fairs
- Ability to communicate in a clear and engaging manner.
- Good reading, comprehension, and organizational skills to research tour information and compile into an effective thematic narrative.
- NAI-CIG certification is desirable, or attend and successfully complete the course as it is made available through the Xanterra training department.
- Must meet all U.S. Department of Transportation qualifications as mandated by FMCSR Sections 383 and 391 including, but not limited to:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess a Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B with Passenger Endorsement and convert to Arizona within 1 year.
- Possess a required Department of Transportation physical exam card.
- Pass the mandated Xanterra Transportation Department driving skills test.
- Agree to submit to Department of Transportation mandated substance abuse testing including pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident.
- Comply with all ongoing and follow-up of yearly qualification file requirements.
- Able to meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations for a commercial Motor Coach/Bus operator.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate the proper 10 codes & two-way radio communication.
- To provide Grand Canyon National Park guests with a narrated, thematic experience that allows guests to make personal connections to the resources of the Park while safely transporting guests on a DOT-regulated Tour Bus.
- Use established Primary Park Themes to provide guests of Grand Canyon National Park and Grand Canyon Railway with a compelling link between the tangible and visible resources found along the Grand Canyon South Rim with the intangible and inherent meanings found within those resources in a way that allows the guest to make their own connections to the place.
- Using effective interpretive techniques and a thematic narrative to assist the National Park Service in imparting the mission, vision, purpose, and goals of Grand Canyon National Park to our guests.
- Provide knowledgeable, accurate, and resourced information on Xanterra South Rim services and facilities to passengers, guests and visitors as requested.
- Successfully pass NAI Certified Interpretive Guide Course (32 hours). Once certified, keep and maintain active CIG certification (40 hours, every 4 years of continued Interpretive Education)
- Responsible for a clean and neat appearance in the prescribed uniform.
- Provide for the safety of all clients and adhere to all Risk management policies while performing tasks.
- Drive village taxi service as scheduled by dispatch.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!