Live, Work, Explore in Grand Canyon National Park this spring!
This is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $15.40 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Mar 01, 2023)
JOIN OUR FOOD & BEVERAGE TEAM AT GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK THIS SPRING!
Are you enthusiastic about crafting unforgettable dining experiences? Grand Canyon National Park Lodges operates a variety dining outlets ranging from convenient grab-and-go to delicious fine dining restaurants located right on the rim of the canyon. We offer opportunities to share your passion for hospitality by greeting and serving guests front of house or by working back of house, where you will be assisting in the kitchen by cleaning dishes or prepping our guest’s top notch meals.
Perform food preparation, cooking and assembly for Food Truck operations from March to October. Safely drive the food truck to designated sales locations when required. This position will be assigned to cook in another food outlet when the food truck is not operating. Note: Must possess or obtain a valid Arizona driver’s license within 90 days of hire.
$15.40 per hour
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your change to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
Please note: This is a seasonal position with the Food and Beverage department in Spring 2023. The dates are from March to October 2023.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Lodging Discount 50% off Best Available Rate
- 30 – 40% Retail Discount at Xanterra Parks
- Discounts at Xanterra Adventure Companies
- 20 – 30% Food and Beverage Discounts at Xanterra Parks
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- 20 – 60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
- Sam’s Club Membership Discount
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on Your Birthday with Restaurant & Retail Discounts
- Discounted Mule Rides Each Winter
- Sumer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Wellness Programs and Health Fairs
- Efficiently complete food preparation in cafeteria kitchen, then stock on truck for final cooking and assembly.
- Respond to customer preferences and complaints in a courteous and helpful manner per guest service standards, providing service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Follow proper sanitation procedures at all times.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained while food is being cooked.
- As needed, process payment transactions and prepare, serve and/or expedite food.
- Assist with the cleaning of the truck and commercial kitchen.
- Drive food truck to and from sales locations and to restock when needed.
- Operate the Point of Sale system in conducting payment transactions with customers, while adhering to accounting and department policies and procedures.
- Communicate with the Food Court Manager or Mobile Food Service Supervisor regarding any discrepancies with payment processing.
- Maintain secure possession of bank key to protect company funds at all times.
- Assist Mobile Food Service team with set-up, stocking, cleaning, and production of food as needed.
- When assigned, drive food cart to approved locations along the canyon rim to maximize guest contact.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of food production experience.
- One year of food truck experience or knowledge of systems used on Food truck.
- Ability to provide superior guest service in alignment with company standards.
- Must obtain ServSafe Certification with 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to obtain a DOT(Department of Transportation) Medical card.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced outdoor environment subject to variable weather conditions such as temperature and sun exposure.
- Possess or obtain a valid Arizona driver’s license within 90 days of hire and comply with company Driver Safety Program.
How to Apply
Click the "Apply Now" button to quickly and easily submit your application!