Live, Work, Explore in Grand Canyon National Park + FREE employee housing!
This is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our team at Grand Canyon National Park!
Join our Lodging team at Grand Canyon National Park! Are you enthusiastic about caring for guests' comfort while creating memories that last a lifetime? We maintain 522 guest rooms, 11 guest cabins, and 20 bunks in dorms. As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur, and top-notch hospitality.
JOB SUMMARY: Manage housekeeping functions of lodging unit(s) to established company standards. Handle administrative functions related to guest service, personnel, building maintenance, inventory, and safety.
As our employee, you receive free employee housing through December 21, 2022, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Manage housekeeping functions of lodging unit to company standards.
- Lead and manage housekeeping staff toward achieving the overall cleanliness and product quality of the hotel and its guest rooms.
- Manage employee performance of housekeepers, inspectors and leads through effective training, coaching, annual reviews and corrective documentation when needed.
- Report and follow up on maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Write employee schedules, maintaining labor costs within the budgeted amount.
- Management of material and supply budget, direct labor budget, and productivity.
- Ensure the security of Company and Guest property including all keys.
- Be a role model for all safety, risk management and environmental policies on a daily basis, enforcing policies with staff as needed.
- Maintain effective lines of communication regarding issues and other department activity to the department office staff or other department managers
- Handle administrative duties such as payroll timekeeping, personnel forms, comment cards, etc.
- Coordinate scheduled inventories for linens; maintain appropriate levels for amenities and other housekeeping supplies.
- Maintain rooms to standards for National Park Service Concessions evaluations at all times.
- Communicate effectively with Unit Housekeeper, Rooms Office staff, Front Desk, maintenance, Porter staff, Laundry staff and other departments and guests.
- Maintain courteous and helpful behavior towards guests and fellow employees. Exercise tact and discretion at all times while on duty.
- Assist or work at other Housekeeping units on the property when needed.
- Perform opening duties for Rooms Department/Housekeeping as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with a 2-way device with the earpiece at all times while on duty.
- Other duties as assigned
What’s in it for you?
- Lodging Discount 50% off Best Available Rate
- 30 – 40% Retail Discount at Xanterra Parks
- Discounts at Xanterra Adventure Companies
- 20 – 30% Food and Beverage Discounts at Xanterra Parks
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- 20 – 60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on Your Birthday with Restaurant & Retail Discounts
- Discounted Mule Rides Each Winter
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Wellness Programs and Health Fairs
- Two years of working knowledge of housekeeping managerial/supervisory operations and procedures.
- Two years experience in training entry-level employees.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, supervise and maintain high morale among staff; previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Ability to effectively listen to, understand and respond to concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills.
- Basic knowledge of Windows-based computer programs such as Outlook and Word. Kronos knowledge desirable.
- Possess the physical ability to perform all housekeeping positions.
- Able to meet all physical requirements of the job, which include repetitive motion of all extremities and the back including continual kneeling, bending, twisting, lifting, pushing and long periods of standing/walking.
- Ability to maintain high quality of work & high energy while taking more than 15,000-20,000 steps per work day at an elevation of 7,000 ft
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click the "Apply Now" button to quickly and easily submit your application!