Live. Work. Explore. in Grand Canyon National Park! Free housing available through December 2022!
Just steps away from the south rim - one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $10.50 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our team at Grand Canyon National Park!
Are you enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By working at Grand Canyon National Park, you will get all three! As a Bell Person, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur, and top-notch hospitality.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide Bell service to guests, including luggage handling and assisting with tour groups.
As our employee, you receive free employee housing through December 21, 2022, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Provide bell service to guests by taking luggage to and from the room, including tour groups and individual guest parties.
- Assist the front desk with check-in and check-out as directed by Bell Captain or front office management.
- Check luggage, packs, etc. in bell storage area and maintain security of items in storage.
- Attend to tour group luggage delivery and pick up in a timely manner, ensuring proper procedures for handling tour luggage are followed in detail.
- Complete all Bell paperwork and submit to Bell Captain or front office management.
- Assist the front desk in delivering messages, running errands, and providing information and directions to guests.
- Assist the porters in maintaining the cleanliness of the lobby areas, entrances and other public areas of the lodging facilities.
- Cross-Train as a Guest Service Agent to be able to assist the Front Desk operations when needed.
- Assist tour drivers and/or tour escorts as necessary with baggage schedule, special requests, etc.
- Adhere to all Grand Canyon National Park Lodges and NPS lost and found procedures.
- Wear required personal protective equipment as required while performing job.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
What’s in it for you?
- Lodging Discount 50% off Best Available Rate
- 30 – 40% Retail Discount at Xanterra Parks
- Discounts at Xanterra Adventure Companies
- 20 – 30% Food and Beverage Discounts at Xanterra Parks
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- 20 – 60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on Your Birthday with Restaurant & Retail Discounts
- Discounted Mule Rides Each Winter
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Wellness Programs and Health Fairs
- Knowledge of rooms and lodge layout on assigned property.
- General knowledge of Grand Canyon National Park Lodges guest services with ability to convey information to the guests.
- Possess valid Arizona Driver’s License and comply with Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy.
- Physically able to carry forty pounds of luggage while ascending/descending stairs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.