Craft an extraordinary dining experience at a Natural Wonder of the World!
Grand Canyon , AZ
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our Culinary team at Grand Canyon National Park! Enthusiastic about crafting an extraordinary dining experience? Grand Canyon National Park Lodges is looking for individuals who will create or serve an incredible culinary experience for our guests. Discover one beautiful adventure. The South Rim of the Grand Canyon is the most visited location in the park with breathtaking views, slick rock plateaus and lush forests.
JOB SUMMARY: Sous Chef oversees all kitchen operations at assigned location. The Sous Chef position also assists the Executive Sous Chef with menu development, scheduling, and managing employee performance.
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Apply thorough knowledge food preparation, including organization of daily features.
- Maintain food quality standards through direct oversight of the back of house staff.
- Assist in ordering, storage and inventory of all food and kitchen operating supplies and maintain food costs at planned level.
- Assist with the development and execution of the training program for all shift positions.
- Manage employee performance through coaching and corrective action as necessary.
- Enforce strict ServeSafe and HACCP food sanitation standards. Maintain and review shift log on daily basis.
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are reported promptly and follow-up on requests.
- Assist with the scheduling of all kitchen personnel, with consideration of business levels, labor budget and staffing levels.
- Responsible for kitchen inventory control.
- Oversee the administration of all safety programs/policies such as PPE use, MSDS knowledge, ergonomics and slips/trips and falls.
- Participate in approved environmental and sustainability initiatives.
- Responsible for correcting all National Park Service Concessions and Public Health Service noted discrepancies within the assigned abatement period.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years supervisory or lead cook experience in a high volume establishment.
- Ability to train and work with kitchen positions in all areas of operation.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills particularly in regards to training employees.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with F&B Managers, front of house personnel and guests.
- Ability to pass ServeSafe food sanitation course and train staff on the program.
- Ability to quickly assess productivity levels of the cook line, dish area and pantry personnel during any given meal period.
- Ability to recognize safety hazards, and correct them immediately
COVID-19 Health & Safety Program: Learn more about how we are keeping our employees and guests safe.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Apply now via the link below.