Be more than a Tourist, Make your Home at the Grand Canyon Year Round!
Grand Canyon , AZ
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our team at Grand Canyon National Park! Are you enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By working at Grand Canyon National Park, you will get all three! No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur, and top notch hospitality.
JOB SUMMARY: Mechanical repairs on company owned and public vehicles.
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Assist all guests, internal and external in a polite and professional manner.
- Act as a service representative as needed to meet customers and diagnose problems before writing a work order.
- Complete mechanical repairs on company owned and public vehicles in a timely, thorough, and cost efficient manner.
- Complete work orders accurately, listing all work completed, all parts used and time spent.
- Order parts as necessary through the Parts Clerk.
- Operate the wrecker as needed, including being on-call beyond the daily garage hours of operation.
- Process cash and credit card transactions for work done outside the garage.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management, and environmental policies in the completion of tasks.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment while performing tasks.
- Assist with the training and development of less skilled mechanics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years hands-on garage mechanic experience, two ASE certifications, and/or ability to obtain certification in auto/truck brakes within 6 months.
- Possess an understanding of DOT requirements as they relate to work that will be done on fleet vehicles.
- Possess own hand and air style tools of sufficient quality to complete tasks.
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to the use, storage and disposal of fluids, lubricants, batteries and tires.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License and comply with Xanterra South Rim Vehicle Policy. If in Bus Garage, must possess valid Arizona Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger (air brake) endorsement.
- Must possess or obtain a valid Arizona D.O.T. medical card within 30 days of hire.
- Possess physical ability to perform the job, including bending, crawling under vehicles, long periods of standing, and lifting and driving.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Program: Learn more about how we are keeping our employees and guests safe.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link below.