Your adventure awaits at Grand Canyon!
Grand Canyon is one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
- Flagstaff, Arizona
- $20.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Feb 07, 2022)
The Grand Canyon Conservancy (GCC) is the official nonprofit partner of Grand Canyon National Park. As the official philanthropic and collaborative partner of Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon Conservancy’s mission is to inspire generations of park champions to cherish and support the natural and cultural wonder of Grand Canyon. GCC raises private funds, operates retail shops within the park, and provides premier educational programs about the natural and cultural history of the region. The Facilities Maintenance Assistant will work under the supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Manager to care for the physical well-being of a variety of modern and historic buildings inside Grand Canyon National Park.
Duties vary with the workload and could include, but are not limited to, the tasks listed below.
- Maintain; buildings historical and non, housing units, Fleet Vehicles
- While the National Park Service takes responsibility for the grounds within the park, the Maintenance Assistant is responsible for maintaining exterior grounds within a limited perimeter of the buildings by shoveling snow and snow plowing, trimming shrubbery, picking up litter, and sweeping pathways
- Maintenance and repair of GCC housing units covering all basic trades, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, patching walls, painting, etc., including responding to tenant concerns with a focus on customer service
- Participates in exhibit installation and take-down, including touch-up and repairs to exhibit structures, gallery space, lighting, etc.
- Routine custodial tasks as needed for stores and offices, such as basic cleaning, vacuuming, washing windows, polishing furnishings, maintaining hardwood, tile, and carpeted floors, emptying trash, etc.
- Minimum two years experience in the Facility Maintenance field or equivalent experience, i.e., trade school, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND CHARACTERISTICS
Minimum of 2 years experience or equivalent experience in the following:
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, and solve problems with limited supervision
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented
- Adept at working safely with a variety of tools and machinery
- Working knowledge of residential and commercial building systems (electrical, mechanical, heating, maintenance, and construction techniques)
- Working knowledge of fleet vehicle maintenance, essential oil, filter changes, tire rotation, brakes, etc.
- Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: Interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, time management, following directions, comprehension, calculating, reading
- Knowledge of maintaining, cleaning, and preserving a variety of surfaces
- Knowledge of proper use of a wide range of chemicals according to state and federal regulations
- Knowledge of handling and disposing of hazardous materials with care
- Ability to safely operate all vehicles and other job-related equipment
- Ability to use ladders and climb stairs repeatedly as required for work assignments
This position requires the incumbent to be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to:
- Our operations are open seven days a week, including holidays. Work schedules can vary based on special events and after-hours work that may be building maintenance and weather-related. A typical program is Mon-Fri 8-5 pm
- Lifting heavy items (up to 75 lbs. unassisted
- Regular bending, standing, climbing, and walking
- Must be able to work safely in an environment containing caustic chemicals, cleaning materials, dust, and noise
- Routinely required to work under inclement weather conditions
GCC CORE VALUES
GCC has identified four core values that represent how we interact with our employees, partners, visitors, supporters, and followers. Our values include:
- Integrity: We are honest, respectful, inclusive, caring, and accountable for our actions. We operate at a high level of excellence, utilizing our resources to their best and fullest potential.
- Education: We are a dynamic learning organization uniquely positioned to cultivate the “awe” of the Grand Canyon.
- Service: We embrace our role as a valued partner of the National Park Service at Grand Canyon National Park and will provide the highest level of excellence in every interaction with employees, partners, visitors, supporters, and donors.
- Connection: We foster a sense of wonder and adventure for the Grand Canyon.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefit-eligible position located at the Grand Canyon South Rim. Salary is commensurate with experience. Rental housing is available for this position.
GCC provides a comprehensive benefits package including vacation and holiday pay, sick leave, employer-supplemented health benefits package including medical, dental, vision and health savings account (HSA) plan, long-term disability and life insurance, a 401(k)-retirement plan, Canyon Experience Days, and discounts in our retail stores.
MANDATORY COVID VACCINE POLICY
As the official non-profit partner of Grand Canyon National Park and in compliance with that agreement, GCC has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees must be immunized by vaccination against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption. This policy is designed to protect the health of our workforce and to serve as a public health measure for those within the broader community.
Questions regarding the mandatory COVID19 vaccination policy or the exemption process should be directed to GCC Human Resources.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link below. We ask that you include a resume and cover letter with your application.