Ready for a new adventure? Join our team in Winter Park, Colorado!
Winter Park, Colorado is a small ski town about an hour and a half from Denver. Winter Park Ski Resort is what brings people to this town, but the charm is what makes people stay.
- Winter Park, Colorado
- Some experience required
Grand Adventures is looking for an energetic and fun personality to join our office team. We are searching for an individual who loves the outdoors and is passionate about helping our guests have the best outdoor experiences possible. Our ideal candidates are professionals with a strong work ethic who take pride in their work and are willing to learn.
Job Description: The Assistant Office Manager position is for someone looking for long term growth with an established company. This position requires strong attention to detail, willingness to learn the complexities and finite details of our industry. The Assistant Office Manager is an important liaison between all company employees from new hires to management. Grand Adventures takes pride in creating a positive guest experience from their initial phone call to their check out, which starts and ends with our office staff. Our office environment is casual, yet professional with workdays beginning at 8 am and ending around 6 pm each day. This position requires full-time availability with 40+ hours per week and full availability on weekends and Holidays during our busy season dates. Through building on your skill sets and the needs of the company this position is built for growth within our company and to be an integral player of our staff.
- Answering Phones - includes transferring calls to other lines and checking and responding to voicemails.
- Entering reservations into our booking system and collecting accurate information.
- Describing various tour options to guests over the phone and in person. This includes detailing trip times, meeting locations, age requirements, cancellation policies, gear requirements and other important details for their adventure.
- Cash handling and operation of point of sale systems.
- Checking in guests and helping them prepare for their adventure, as well as, assisting our guide staff.
- Responding to guest inquiries via email and emailing confirmation emails.
- Listening to and responding to radio transmissions and assisting with emergency phone calls and radio traffic.
- Updating schedules for guides, office staff and reviewing reservations.
- Assisting the Office Manager with a wide scope of projects and duties.
Although we are willing to train the right person for any aspect of this job, we would prefer candidates have experience with:
- Cash handling
- Phone communication skills - maintaining an enthusiastic attitude while maintaining attention to detail and booking guests quickly and accurately.
- Basic computer knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel and ability and willingness to learn our reservation software and point of sale systems. The efficiency with a computer, phone systems, typing and technology.
- Taking reservations and collecting personal information for recreational activities, lodging or other similar jobs.
All Applicants Must:
- Have a reliable vehicle (we have several offices and the bus routes do not reach them all).
- Live in or be willing to relocate to Grand or Clear Creek County.
- Be 18 years old with a clean driving record.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Pass a background and motor vehicle record check.
The Fun Extras:
- Free and discounted activities for yourself, friends and family.
- Discounted in-store retail items.
- Pro Deal discounts with various companies.
- Ski Pass to Winter Park Resort.
- Year-round work in a seasonal community.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org