Goodfellow's positions include:
- Front of House - Host, Waitstaff, Bartenders, Floor Manager and Bussers.
- Kitchen - Pantry/Prep, Line Cook, Sous Chef Kitchen Helpers, and Housekeepers.
Sander's Candy positions include:
- Managers, Assistant Managers, Sales Clerks, Fudge Makers, and Confectioners.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for execution of the meal and understanding the timing of food production and to have all components of ready for consumption
- Responsible for expediting and maintaining the amount of food produced based on forecasted demand during peak and non-peak service times
- Communicate with the management to maintain the level of food quality that is expected
- Ensure daily communication between the day and night shifts regarding items that require long cooking times and planning for upcoming meals
- Communicate any issues to the staff which could affect the service before each meal period
- Ability to cook and prepare food according to production guidelines and recipes
- Knowledge of food product, identification, and acceptable level of food quality
- Must know methods of food preparation, cooking times, and portion sizes to insure food is prepared in prescribed manner
- Cuts, trims, bones and carves meats and poultry for cooking
- Evaluate food quality and preparedness by tasting
- Ensure food is stored at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate length of time and follows all food safety standards
- Evaluate front-of-house presentation and make changes to food displays as needed
- Sets up/Breaks down work station
- Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary work station, equipment, and utensils
- Must be trained to safely operate all kitchen equipment (choppers, slicers, ovens, steamers, a variety of knives, etc.)
- Responsible for training servers on use of correct portions when cutting, preparing, and serving items
- Maintain production results of each meal
- Communicate with management regarding food product that needs to be ordered for upcoming production plans
- Report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately
View Job Description
- Culinary training or degree
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customers service
- Must have the ability to manage and support the kitchen staff
- Minimum 5 years experience in the food service industry as a cook
- Must be able to use a computer and POS system as well as MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Position Summary: The Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The Cook should safely handle knives and equipment such as grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Cooks and prepare a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
- Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knives
- Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
- Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards the guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
View Job Description
- Experience as a cook or in a related role required
- Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
- Must be able to obtain food safety certification
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for providing the highest level of food and beverage service in accordance with Goodfellow's standards. Serves food and beverages to 20-30 guests at a time. Clears and re-sets tables quickly and efficiently. Practices “aggressive hospitality” and shows professionalism with guests, co-workers, and management.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Reports to property on time and in proper uniform.
- Checks with Manager for assigned dining room station, opening side work, and closing side work duties.
- Reports to line-up for review of the day’s activities, groups in house, and menus.
- Sets-up, organizes, maintains, and closes the restaurant or banquet functions ensuring that areas are stocked and cleaned.
- Moves quickly with good balance carrying up to 20 lb. on a tray.
- Converses with guests, makes suggestions, and answers questions regarding food and beverages constantly.
- Clears and re-sets tables constantly.
- Maintains cleanliness of tables at all times - clearing empty glassware, plates, etc.
- Maintains full knowledge of menu items and specials.
- Rings all food and beverage items into the POS computer accurately at all times.
- Communicates with guest and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Participates in proper sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Maintains full knowledge of service standards.
- Follows the Goodfellow's Business Conduct Policy.
- Must be T.I.P’s certified and follow all rules and guidelines set forth for ensuring responsible beverage service.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
View Job Description
- At least one-year experience as a food server within a restaurant, hotel, or conference center operation.
- Any related customer service/oriented experience will be considered.
- Requires full understanding and knowledge of food and beverage standards.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in fluent English.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
- Possess interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality.
- Ability to move quickly while balancing large and small trays of food and drinks to and from service areas.
How to Apply
Please complete and submit an application. You may send a resume as well, but only applicants who have completed our online application will be considered.
While we're updating our Sander's Candy application, please use the Goodfellow's application and indicate that you are applying for Sander's Candy.