Spend An Unforgettable Summer Living & Working in Glacier National Park!
Our West Glacier properties are located at the West entrance to Glacier National Park and Going to the Sun Road. Located just minutes from the historic Village of Apgar and approximately 12mi/19km from Motel Lake McDonald on Going-to-the-Sun Road.
- West Glacier Village, Montana
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (May 12, 2018)
Are you the ultimate people person? Glacier Park Collection by Pursuit is now accepting applications for Location Assistant Manager of our West Glacier properties.
Living and breathing the essence of Glacier National Park, the Location Assistant Manager leads the daily operations of our unique lodging properties. The position supports the General Manager and is the go-to leader for our front-line team members who come from around the world to experience Glacier.
Enjoy a competitive salary, free housing and unparalleled access to Glacier National Park!
Assists the Location Manager in oversight of all Hotel operating divisions and staff, assuring efficient and profitable operations. Provides ongoing training & support and assists in any department when necessary.
- Assists Location Manager in managing all day to day operations for assigned location and staff.
- Establishes tone for property. Ensures the safety and protection of property, guests and employees.
- Delegates authority and assigns responsibilities to department heads.
- Assists with planning & organizing weekly scheduled staff meetings with department heads to review and update hotel activity.
- Resolves guest and employee concerns tactfully and in a timely manner.
- Assists with training & support of all staff and fosters team environment among all staff members and inter-company departments.
- Works with People & Culture to assist with employee transfers, promotions, coaching, disciplinary action, terminations, etc.
- Assists with assimilating employee upon arrival; check-in, on-boarding & orientation. Assigns employee housing, discusses dorm agreements, policy and expectations and conducts routine dorm inspections.
- Trains employees on personnel policies, company policies and procedures & follows up with regular compliance checks.
- Conducts daily inspection of rooms, public areas and all location departments for cleanliness, safety and operations efficiency.
- Works with Location Manager to review and approves department schedules.
- Responsible for manager’s operating bank, distributes monies and makes change when necessary.
- Verifies group tour blocking and total hotel occupancy with front office manager daily.
- Communicates on a regular basis with Reservations Department, Sales and other central service areas, especially regarding any unusual situations.
- Enforces and follows all Company policies and regulations.
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our website.