Join the Pursuit IT Team in Glacier National Park!
Live and work in beautiful NW Montana!
- Columbia Falls, MT
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 26, 2018)
Pursue your next adventure in an iconic place filled with inspiring people. The Glacier Park Collection (GPC) team is made up of a diverse group of creative and passionate individuals.
The GPC team values the idea of life-long learning whether it be through unforgettable customer service or discovering new places and people in the world. This position is a ideal for someone looking for growth and a unique experience. Year after year employees return to this magical place they call home in Glacier National Park.
The IT Engineer is responsible for supporting the performance and reliability of the user desktops, printers, phones, servers, and network equipment including but not limited to: firewalls, routers, switches, hubs, modems, VDSL, and access points
The IT Engineer will proactively find ways to support infrastructure operations and the GPC IT division including writing scripts to automate common tasks.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks effectively and completely with pro-active communication, formal project plans, and meticulous documentation.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Assists with level-2 technical support of all computing, phone & systems issues via ticketing system.
- Assists in core infrastructure installation such as pulling cable, terminating network and phone connections, installing racks, and racking servers.
- Assists with managing Microsoft Windows Server architecture.
- Monitoring and responding to alarms in a timely fashion.
- Collaborative with off-site shared services team.
- Understanding of Change Management and necessary steps involved.
- Ability to participate in a 24/7 On-Call rotation schedule.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Information Technology degree, related education required; certifications helpful
- Combination of experience and education that mirrors the above Essential Functions required
- A positive team attitude and strong interpersonal and customer service skills required for effectively communicating with all personnel; both verbally and written.
- Experience in desktop computing, Point of Sale systems, and applications specific to hospitality industry helpful. IE: Maestro PMS, Retail Pro, and Micros.
- VMWare and other virtualization platforms experience helpful.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and technical skills.
- Ability to provide fast, efficient quality services to business partners.
- Knowledge and understanding of PCI compliance helpful.
- Network support experience helpful.
- Point to Point Wireless knowledge/experience preferred
- A valid US Driver license required.
- A US Passport required.
- Ability to obtain entry to Canada required.