Paid Internship at Glacier National Park
Miles of wilderness and mountain views
- Glacier National Park, Montana
- $14.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 5 months (Jun 11, 2018)
Spend your summer surrounded by the majestic and serene Glacier National Park as a Friends of Glacier Conservancy Ambassador.
The primary purpose of this position is to increase friends of the Glacier National Park Conservancy at Glacier National Park’s Apgar and Logan Pass Visitor Centers and at Conservancy-funded events such as Native American Speaks and star parties. Success in this position requires a high degree of genuine social skills and a positive attitude for developing lasting GNPC relationships. Your daily office will provide you with miles of wilderness and mountain views. The benefits of this position include knowing that your efforts directly benefit Glacier National Park and having the opportunity to live and work in one of the world’s premiere wilderness areas.
The Glacier National Park Conservancy seeks positive, enthusiastic, service-oriented individuals who are passionate about preserving and protecting Glacier National Park. They must be committed to educating visitors and raising funds by proactively recruiting visitors to the Glacier National Park Conservancy Friends program and foster a connection with visitors while informing them about our fundraising activities. They are to be committed to contributing to a fun and positive workplace environment by maintaining respectful and professional communication at all times. Internship time is available up to 5 hours a week to learn valuable skills in marketing, communications, fundraising, data entry, event management and grant processes.
- Act as an ambassador for Glacier National Park and GNPC by proactively greeting visitors, answering questions, and graciously providing information about the Park and GNPC
- Foster stewardship and inspire support for Glacier National Park by informing each visitor of GNPC’s donation programs, and make it compelling and simple for them to become a donor.
- Promote GNPC Field Guide for Park Priorities and special events that include FOG specific events.
- Meet or exceed donor recruitment goals.
- Maintain accurate records to provide to Database Administrator.
- Respond to Friends of Glacier inquiries from Park Store staff.
- Set-up and breakdown outdoor kiosks and manage giveaways.
- Assist with other areas of donor recruitment as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Development.
- Represent Glacier National Park Conservancy and its mission accurately and positively.
- Dress with identifiable Friends of Glacier or Glacier National Park Conservancy attire.
- Work collaboratively with staff across the Glacier National Park Conservancy.
Most important is enthusiasm for recruiting donors to the GNPC Friends program. This person must have the ability and desire to effectively interact with visitors and colleagues, willingness to take initiative and maintain a positive attitude while providing outstanding visitor service. A strong commitment to the mission of the Conservancy and team approach to working collaboratively with staff across the Conservancy is a must. This person must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
This position requires standing or sitting for long periods of time, up to eight hours each day with varying degrees of shade and wind protection at an elevation of about 3,200 feet above sea level at Apgar and 6,600 feet at Logan Pass.
This is a non-exempt hourly position, eligible for overtime and holiday pay. This is a full-time, 40 hours a week, seasonal position starting in June through August (end time is flexible for students returning to school). Hourly rate is $11.50 to $14 per hour. Glacier National Park Conservancy employees receive a 40% discount on most park store products along with other benefits provided by local business partners.