We are hiring Outdoor Education Specialists to run our Going-To-The-Sun Road Day Programs
The Gateway to Glacier National Park!
- Columbia Falls, Montana
- $1,000.00 / month + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 14, 2021)
Outdoor Education Specialists are the face of the Glacier Institute. You will be responsible for instructing field courses to a wide variety of audiences, ranging from ages 5-95. The Glacier Institute specializes in place-based, hands-on learning of the natural sciences, land use management, and cultural history. We strive to empower students of all ages. As an Outdoor Education Specialist, you will be given the tools to grow as a naturalist, educator, and well-rounded individual!
We're looking for the right Outdoor Education Specialist to run our GTTSR Day Programs:
GTTSR Day Program – These programs will provide in-depth educational experiences along the Going-To-The-Sun Road corridor. We will run daily programs from our Columbia Falls office for visitors of the Flathead Valley, including optional stops at Avalanche Lake, Hidden Lake Overlook, Highline Trail, and Rising Sun / St. Mary.
- Lead in-depth full-day educational programs along the Going-to-the-Sun Road corridor.
- Manage participants’ safety in unregulated outdoor environments by applying sound judgement, problem solving, and risk management skills.
- Administer and document first aid and appropriate emergency responses.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Crown of the Continent Ecosystem and current applicable sciences.
- Safely operate 15 passenger vans/buses to transport participants up the highly technical Going-To-The-Sun road, and along highway corridors.
- Provide quality customer service to all guests.
- Assist office staff with marketing efforts, community outreach, curriculum development, and social media content.
- Display confidence and comfort working in adverse environmental conditions (snow, rain, 0°F-100°F temperatures, mosquitoes/ticks, hazardous wildlife, etc.).
- Represent the Glacier Institute in its mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Housing provided.
- $1,000/month stipend, with the opportunity to earn performance-based tips during programs.
- 2021 employee entrance pass into Glacier and Waterton National Parks.
- Friends and family discounts for all Glacier Institute courses (subject to availability).
- Participation in expert-led Glacier Institute catalog course as space permits.
- Professional development as a teacher, naturalist, educator, and guide!