Looking for a summer job that makes a difference, join our 2022 camp staff today!
Camp Juniper Knoll is a beautiful 186 acre wooded property on Pleasant Lake
- East Troy, Wisconsin
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 10, 2022)
Looking for a summer job that makes a difference, join our 2022 camp staff today! Camp is a place where energetic and passionate staff come together to provide a safe and positive learning environment for girls ages 6-17. At Girl Scouts of GCNWI camps we have a wide variety of opportunities for you. Campers and staff alike spend the summer living outdoors, trying new activities, gaining independence, and building long-lasting relationships.
As camp’s Assistant Director you will be critical to the success of the summer supporting the leadership team, staff, and campers with exceptional leadership, role modeling, and problem-solving.
Watch our "Why Work at Summer Camp?" video to see the fun!
- Our summer season runs from early June through mid-August, including staff training and excluding our fourth of July break.
- Our resident camp staff work from 11 a.m. Sunday morning until 10 p.m. Friday evening every week.
- Our day camp staff may work from 7 a.m.- 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with a possible overnight on Thursday every week.
Camp Staff Benefits:
The nitty-gritty: Paid summer camp position with 24 hours off each week and breaks every day. Includes room and board (yes that’s right you will live on camp and get all your food provided for free!), First Aid & CPR certifications, and a rocking camp staff shirt!
The real perks & career benefits: At camp, you will quickly discover that the more you put into the experience, the more rewarding it will be. Develop your outdoor skills and leadership to help build your resume away from the pressures of your typical everyday routine. You will be a valuable member of this camp community, where your voice will be heard and you will receive the support you need to have a fun and successful summer.
Pay range: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Assistant Director Qualifications:
- Loves to interact with children and has prior experience working with children of various ages
- Enjoys spending time outdoors and has prior experience working in an outdoor setting
- 2 years minimum of experience delivering exceptional customer service verbally and in writing
- 2 years minimum of experience facilitating and supervising youth program
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 21 years of age or older by June 22nd (Preferred: 23 years of age with valid driver’s license)
- Proof of health physical clearing the candidate for work in a camp setting
- Willingness to live and work in an indoor and outdoor camp setting, which includes working irregular hours with limited or simple equipment, rustic facilities, wildlife and insects; limited technology while at camp, and daily exposure to sun, rain, and other weather conditions
Assistant Director Responsibilities:
- Provide fun, positive and active leadership to campers and staff
- Help build a supportive environment where campers can grow, make new friends & try new things
- Role model problem-solving, collaboration, and initiative to campers and staff
- Assisting the camp director in the planning, organization and implementation of camp activities
- Assist in the supervision, monitoring, and participate in all aspects of camp
- Assist in the care of camp equipment and in maintaining a clean camp environment
- Take lead as part of the leadership team in training, supervising, and supporting camp staff
- Oversee campers and staff during group activities, meals, and transitions to and from scheduled events
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures
- Assist with management and care of program supplies and spaces, including specialty equipment
- Assume responsibility for the physical health, safety and mental welfare of the campers and staff
- Other duties as assigned
Apply today to join our summer camp team! (Your future self will thank you!)
How to Apply
Apply online at the attached link!