Want a change of scenery? Check us out!
Ghost Ranch is a non-profit education and retreat center of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), located in a northern New Mexico landscape many deem sacred. We welcome and respect people of all faiths and ethnicity. Our Mission is to enrich lives. Our Vision is that all might experience God through discovery and transformation. We value Caring, Hospitality, Spiritual Yearning, Curiosity, Family
Located in Northern New Mexico. Elevation is 6500 feet.. Well known as Georgia O'Keeffe country. Movies that have been filmed at our location include City Slickers, 3:10 to Yuma, Hostiles.
About Ghost Ranch Education and Retreat Center
"It is one of the greatest "offices" in the world!" said by a retired Ghost Ranch employee. The Ghost Ranch landscape is phenomenal, unique to Ghost Ranch and northern New Mexico. Once a private dude ranch, Ghost Ranch is now owned by the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. and operated as an education and retreat center that is many things to many people. Our guests come to the Ranch for the day, overnight as a hotel, for the weekend or week as a participant in one of our many workshops and retreats. Others come as part of a group that has contracted with Ghost Ranch to host their events, like a hotel would be used for a conference, family reunion or wedding.
Staff work to provide world class hospitality by providing attention to detail whether on the front line chatting with guests or working behind the scenes to provide a memorable guest experience.
This could be your office too! Watch the really short video.
The Employee Experience
You live and work in a close knit community. You work with people who love the outdoors, love the beauty of God's creation, live rather simply and don't care too much about television. We have staff and guests of many different cultures and beliefs - and we embrace each and every person!
For fun our staff go hiking, camping, kayaking, paddle boarding, horse back riding, see the surrounding area, attend the concerts, festivals, the feasts or the Rodeos that come to our Ranch or are in the local area.
The best take away from a season of working at Ghost Ranch is the people that you will work with and meet. You will never be the same. You may even make life long friends. What could be better than that?
An ideal employee is one who:
- Treats other employees and guests as "royalty".
- Doesn't judge, criticize or gossip about others.
- Never settles for good; he or she always strives for great.
- Is creative and innovative.
- Comes besides others in the good times and in the difficult times.
Room and Board
Our housing varies widely. Some housing have showers, toilets, washer and dryers. Others, simply offer a bed and the showers, toilets and washer/dryer facilities are close by. The employees who do well at our Ranch, are those that are flexible and don't expect to have "King's Quarters". If that is what you want, we definitely are not a fit for you.
Our dining hall staff serves three meals a day. Those who live on the Ranch are allowed to eat all meals the dining hall offers.
The perks of being an employee; you are surrounded by beautiful scenery and you are an hour away from one of the oldest cities in the USA - Santa Fe, an hour away from Christ in the Desert, an hour away from Los Alamos. The local restaurants are fabulous. Mexican food will never taste the same once you have experienced the local fare.
There are activities for everyone; hiking, camping, fly fishing, bird watching, painting, photography, star gazing,etc. etc.
Getting Here and Getting Around
It is best that you bring your own vehicle. If you don't own a vehicle or would rather not bring it, there is a local transit bus that can take you to some local villages. The bus stop is about 1. 3 miles from the Ranch itself. Some find the bus is just perfect for their needs. It is highly recommended though, that you bring your own vehicle.
There is an airport in Santa Fe and Albuquerque. From the airports, employees can arrange their own shuttle transportation.
- Roadrunner Shuttle (van) 505.424.3367 rideroadrunner.com
- Sandia Shuttle Service (van) 1.888.775.5696 www.sandiashuttle.com
- Rail Runner (train service between the Albuquerque Airport and Santa Fe) 1.866.795.7245 www.nmrailrunner.com A shuttle bus takes you from the Albuquerque Airport to the Albuquerque Train Station where you transfer to the Rail Runner Train. Ride the Rail Runner north to the Santa Fe Depot which is two blocks north of the Santa Fe Sage Inn. The Santa Fe Pickup has free shuttle service which runs every 15 minutes (depending upon traffic). Monday–Friday 6:30 a.m. til 6:30 p.m.; Saturday 7:30 a.m. til 4:30 p.m.
- Albuquerque Airport (car rental) www.rentalcars.com
From Santa Fe
There truly is something for everyone: Hiking, camping, bird watching, fly fishing, painting, photography, star gazing, attending art and music festivals. Visiting local restaurants and experiencing authentic Mexican food or other ethnic cuisine.
Positions available at Ghost Ranch:
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Guest Service Agents
- Kitchen Helpers/Dishwashers
- Events Recruiter Assistant - located in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Fund Development Coordinator
- Major Gift Officer - contract position
- Outdoor Adventure Coordinators - housing/meals available
- Summer College Coordinator - housing/meals available
- Youth Program Coordinator - housing/meals available
- Youth Program Assistant - housing/meals available
- Youth Service Corps - housing/meals available
- Volunteer Medical Personnel - housing/meals available
How to Apply
Click APPLY HERE for additional details and a link to our downloadable application. (Or request an application by email.)