The sunsets are best in the West! Now seeking a Campsite Housekeeping / Cabin Keeper
Remote Campsite in the PNW with stunning views of Mount Adams
- year round
- Glenwood, Washington
- $17.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Who We Are
At Getaway, we believe in a world where free time is a right and a ritual. To help make space in the world for free time, Getaway builds tiny cabins, places them in the middle of nature, and rents them out by the night to people looking to disconnect and recharge. You can look forward to working in a collaborative, open, and inclusive environment. We respect each other and our guests, we tell the truth, and we hold ourselves accountable. We see every day as an opportunity to do better and embrace honest feedback as a gift. At Getaway, we cultivate a safe work environment where we value learning from failure as much as success.
What We Need
Getaway is looking for a Housekeeper (here we call them "Cabin Keeper") to be the resident expert in taking care of our most prized possessions: our tiny cabins and the guests that rent them. In supporting our operation, you’ll have a direct impact on the success of Getaway and cultivating memorable moments in nature for our guests. You’re a positive hospitality-minded team player with an eye for all the little things; you thrive in fast-paced environments and aren’t afraid of a mess.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare for your shift by loading your personal vehicle with cleaning kits, cleaning equipment, welcome materials, and linen bags.
- Ensure every cabin is perfectly staged for every guest by cleaning and staging the interior of the cabin (bathroom, kitchen, dining, and bed area), cleaning and staging the exterior of the cabin (picnic table and fire pit area), and placing welcome items/provisions.
- Be willing to do any job that is needed by your team; work together, consider all points of view, and share the same mission.
- Create and execute ideas to surprise and delight guests; aim to make every interaction personal, meaningful, and memorable.
- Solve problems proactively in an efficient, effective, and professional manner.
- Test new ideas, measure the results and embrace honest feedback in the spirit of always improving day-to-day operations.
- End your shift by unloading cleaning kits, cleaning equipment, welcome materials, and linen bags from your personal vehicle; restock your cleaning supplies at the end of each day.
- Operate with integrity and sound judgment, always respect your team and our guests, and hold yourself accountable.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and Getaway values.
- Adhere to Getaway’s safety policies at all times to maintain a safe work environment.
Who You Are
- Experienced in a guest or customer-facing industry.
- Experienced in utilizing technology and apps to work more efficiently.
- A lover of the outdoors; happy to work outside during all seasonal weather conditions.
- 18 years of age, or older.
All Important Must-Knows
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- For safety reasons, the candidate must have acceptable verbal English language and communication skills.
- The ability to adapt and follow instruction requires adequate comprehension skills.
- Essential to this job is the ability to move freely in and around obstacles.
- Candidates must have the ability to work under extreme temperatures throughout the day and/or night.
- Work may be performed in very small and cramped spaces.
- The ability to bend, stoop, climb, reach around, behind and across equipment, beds and furniture.
- Some lifting and the movement of moderate loads requires a 75-pound lifting requirement.
- This individual is responsible for cleaning and sanitation and is responsible for working with approved cleaning supplies.
- The ability to report for work at the prescribed time for each scheduled shift and to fulfill the job requirements for the duration of the shift or until relieved of all duties by a direct supervisor.
- The ability to interact productively and cordially with co-workers.
- The ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- The ability to receive constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- The ability to perform all work-related tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
- It is required that you have your own registered vehicle and a valid driver’s license, as you will be required to drive safely to fulfill your role.
When You Will Work
- Part-time hours will include holidays, weekends, day shifts, short shifts, and long shifts.
- On-call availability, in addition to normal hours.
Beyond The Paycheck
In addition to your base pay, Getaway also offers ample paid time off, holiday pay, annual Get-a-stays, an Employee Assistance Program, and personal and professional development programs.