Come help us lead a Campsite in the PNW. Sunsets are best on the West.
Stunning views of Mount Adams, 2 hours from Portland, 4 hours from Seattle.
- Glenwood, Washington
- $16.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Getaway isn't your typical hospitality vibe. Getaway offers simple escapes to tiny cabins nestled in nature, just a few hours outside of major cities. Our cabins allow meaningful disconnection, so guests can recharge and spend time focusing on what really matters.
Come join our team –whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work in the outdoors or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have an awesome experience waiting for you. Must be 18 years or older with a valid driver's license & personal vehicle.
Two positions are available. On-site studio housing available, pet friendly. Positions located in Glenwood, WA. Very Remote with limited internet & no cell phone service.
- FT General Manager - $57k annually - Management Exp Req
- PT Cabinkeeper - $16.00 per hour - Entry Level
The primary responsibilities of the General Manager position are anticipated to include:
Oversee all aspects of the Operation
• Care for 40 cabins and a team of 20-25 people.
• Identify capital expenditure projects on a quarterly basis; seek out contractor bids, manage the work and budgets.
• Maintain par stock of supplies including cleaning items, linen, uniforms, and furniture, fixtures & equipment.
• Interface with other teams and departments, effectively communicating the needs of the operation.
Provide a Superior Guest Experience
• Manage cabin turnovers by ensuring every cabin is perfectly cleaned for every guest.
• Inspect cabins on a daily basis to ensure brand standards are being met.
• Analyze guest feedback and create a plan to resolve recurring issues.
• Proactively anticipate guest issues and needs and create a plan to resolve them.
• Create and execute ideas to surprise & delight guests.
• Provide excellent customer service by responding to guest issues as requested, including during nights and weekends.
Oversee the Housekeeping & Maintenance Teams
• Manage a team of full-time and part-time employees, including all aspects of recruitment, interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, training, coaching & counseling.
• Create the weekly labor schedule.
• Provide regular feedback and reviews to all team members.
• Meet daily with the staff to communicate the game plan for the day.
• Meet weekly with the Facilities Manager and Assistant General Manager.
• Coordinate the cabin Preventative Maintenance schedule; ensure all cabins are maintained on a monthly basis.
• Ensure all team members are adhering to standard operating procedures.
Effectively Manage Budgets & Meet Key Performance Indicator Targets
• Manage labor, operating supply and maintenance budgets on a monthly basis.
• Meet KPI targets as set by the Regional Director & VP of Guest Experience (examples include: less than 1% of bookings with a cleanliness issue, minimum of 90% score on a secret shopper report, adhering to a specific threshold of labor, etc).
• Management experience
• Hospitality experience
• Inventory management experience
• Labor management experience
• Proven ability to self-manage
• Experience utilizing technology and apps to work more efficiently
• Experience doing physical labor
• Problem-solving mindset
• Naturally friendly and hospitable
Schedule and compensation
• Flexible hours likely to include weekends, nights, short shifts and long shifts
• On-call availability, in addition to normal hours
• Two days off per week, once a month additional day off.
• Salary + benefits, including 20 paid vacation days, 10 paid holidays, health/dental/vision coverage (paid in part by Getaway)
• Vested stock purchase options
Cabinkeeper - Job Type: Part-time
The primary responsibilities of the Cabinkeeper position are anticipated to include:
As a key member of our outpost team, the core of this role is focused on helping clean and maintain our tiny cabins! Our cabin keepers make our whole site go!
The Cabinkeeper will be the resident expert in taking care of our most prized possessions: our tiny houses and the guests that rent them. To be good at this job you should be the type that smiles a lot, hustles always and loves working on a team. You should also be the type that is bothered by a mess. We’re looking for a hospitality-minded soul with an eye for small details. Must be 18 years or older.
The primary responsibilities of this position are anticipated to include:
- Ensuring every cabin is perfectly staged for every guest including making beds, cleaning kitchens, bathrooms, arranging welcome items, restocking bundles of firewood, cleaning and staging exterior (e.g. fire pit area), etc.
- Performing weekly and monthly deep cleans- Laundering, cleaning and spot treating linens
- Ensuring back of house/preparation area is clean, organized and orderly at all times
- Maintaining par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform
- Anticipating potential guest issues and addressing them in advance whenever possible
- Solving problems proactively in an efficient, effective and professional manner
Have open availability (days, nights, weekends, holidays). We do not have set schedules.
Have access to a vehicle and a valid DL as it's required for the job.
Have some previous housekeeping experience - though it isn't required.
Be comfortable working as part of a large team.
Thrive in fast-paced environments.
Have strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
Location and transportation
• It is expected that you have your own transportation, as you will be required to drive to fulfill your role.
Our company is growing fast and receiving national attention. You can find out more about us here:
A video our guests made and an article by our founder
How to Apply
Email letters of interest with the specific position you are applying for & resumes to Sabrina.Graves@Getaway.House