VERSATILE Person Needed for Office Assistant as well as other tasks at Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch!
Located in the mountains of the pristine 3.3 million acre Gila National Forest of SW New Mexico!
- New Mexico
- $2,000.00 / month + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Come join the Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch team in our beautiful area of southwest New Mexico, located at 6,500 feet elevation in the ponderosa pines. Explore the Canyons, Creeks, Forests, and Mountains of the Gila National Forest! Get off the grid, reconnect with nature and find your serenity again!
We are looking to hire a unique individual who wants it all: dramatic scenery, versatile work, independent living, and a truly memorable time in the mountains of southwest New Mexico! The best way to have a good time is to show others a good time - Help us give our guests the best vacation they have ever had!
We are looking to hire someone immediately to work at the ranch as Office Assistant for our 2021 season (through November), with remote work available over the winter. For the motivated individual, there is an opportunity to be promoted to Office Manager and to stay with us long term. This would be a great opportunity for someone with a few years of experience or just out of college with a degree in any of the following areas: business, marketing, entrepreneurship, sales, etc.
We are a small ranch (16 guests max) and we are very remote. You need to have your own transportation to work here and be comfortable with long periods away from town/city life. If you are an independent person who likes time alone when working and during time off, this may be the job for you! Again, we are very remote, 2 hours from the nearest town. Unfortunately, we cannot accept pets.
Salary is $2,000 per month. Share of tip pool and room and board included. Living accommodations are a fully furnished private room in a house with a full kitchen, one bathroom and living area, shared with one other person and occasional other visitors. Eating our chef's delicious meals with our guests is a huge bonus! Satellite TV and limited Wi-Fi are included. We value this entire package to be worth at least $4,000 per month. A bonus will be given at the completion of the season and a raise will be offered for returning employees.
A job at our ranch requires a fast learner and motivated self-starter. Versatility, flexibility, attention to detail and a positive attitude are needed. Working on a ranch consists of long hours, not your typical 9-5. A typical day starts at 8 AM and goes until evening activities are over at 10 PM. One day off per week maximum. During the winter this job has the flexibility to work remotely (i.e. away from the ranch) with fewer hours. You will be able to hike and explore our beautiful area during your time off! Staff must be well-groomed, flexible, able to take constructive criticism and be a team player. Western attire is required.
- Your main job will be working in the office: answering the phone, responding to emails, taking bookings, marketing and social media, bookkeeping, organizing, etc. Previous experience or education is necessary. Excellent people skills, phone skills and customer service skills are a must. A background and credit check will be required prior to a job offer.
You will also be asked to help out in other areas of work around the ranch:
- Housekeeping: Cleaning the four guest cabins after each group of guests leaves. Cleaning other ranch buildings (i.e. Cantina, Rec Hall, etc.) at least once a week or as necessary. Attention to detail is a must. The cleaning will be shared with one other staff member.
- Server: Setting up, serving meals to the guests, and cleanup after meals.
- Ranch work: Cleaning, oiling tack and boots, fixing fence, painting, staining, other maintenance, watering flowers, anything else that needs to be done!
- Horse Care: Loading and unloading hay, feeding, doctoring, brushing, saddling, scooping poop!
- Back-up Wrangler: Following or leading on rides as necessary – again most of your time will be spent in the office, but there will be occasions where help at the barn may be necessary, so horse experience is a bonus!
- Entertaining and spending time with the guests: during the day as well as evening campfires, line dancing, games or movies as they desire until 10 PM each evening.
- One Person, Many Hats! We are looking for an energetic, hardworking individual!
Please look at our website www.geronimoranch.com to learn more about the ranch.
How to Apply
- Cover letter - why would you be an asset to our operation?
- Earliest date you can start work at the ranch?
- References - 3 former employers
ALL info required to be considered. We cannot accommodate pets.