Dramatic Scenery, Versatile Work and Independent Living in the mountains of southwest New Mexico!
3.3 Million Acres of Pristine, Untouched Canyons, Mountains and Forest!
- New Mexico
- unknown / month + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Sep 01, 2020)
1 VERSATILE Person Needed for Wrangler/Rover Position at Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch! (+ Free Housing and Meals!)
Come join the Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch team in our beautiful area of southwest New Mexico, located at 6,500 feet elevation in the Ponderosa Pines. Explore the Canyons, Creeks, Forests, and Mountains of the Gila National Forest!
We are looking to hire one unique individual who wants it all: dramatic scenery, versatile work, independent living, and a truly memorable fall 2020 season in the mountains of southwest New Mexico!
The best way to have a good time is to show others a good time - Help us give our guests the best vacation they have ever had!
We are looking for someone to start work on September 1st and work until early December.
We are a small ranch (16 guests max) and we are very remote. You need to have your own transportation to work here and be comfortable with long periods away from town/city life. If you are an independent person who likes time alone when working and during time off, this may be the job for you! Again, we are very remote, 2 hours from the nearest town.
$1,500/month salary, plus a share of tip pool and room and board included. Eating our chef's delicious meals with our guests is a huge bonus! Satellite TV and limited WiFi are included. We value this entire package at around $3,000/month.
A job at our ranch requires a fast learner and a motivated self-starter. Versatility and flexibility are needed for this job's multiple roles. Working on a ranch consists of long hours, not your typical 9-5. One day off per week maximum. You will be able to hike and explore our beautiful area during your time off! Staff must be well groomed, flexible, able to take constructive criticism, and be a team player. Western attire is required.
We are hiring 1 person to do multiple tasks. Here are some of the things you will be expected to do:
- Ranch work: Cleaning, oiling tack and boots, fixing fence, painting, staining, other maintenance, watering flowers, anything else that needs to be done!
- Horse Care: Loading and unloading hay, feeding, doctoring, brushing, saddling, scooping poop!
- Wrangler: Following or leading rides with guests as necessary - may not be every day depending on the number of guests. Must pay close attention to guests' safety. The ability to work with more energetic or possibly spooky horses is necessary.
- Entertaining and spending time with the guests: during the day as well as evening campfires, line dancing, games or movies as they desire until 10 PM each evening.
- Housekeeping: Cleaning the 4 ranch cabins once a week after each group of guests leaves, cleaning other ranch buildings as necessary at least once a week. Attention to detail is necessary.
- One Person, Many Hats!
Please look at our website www.geronimoranch.com to learn more about the ranch and don’t hesitate to ask any questions.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with the following:
- A cover letter telling us about yourself and why you would be an asset to our operation.
- Dates available
- References - ideally contact info for 3 former employers.