Being a counselor at Geneva Glen is an unforgettable experience!
500 acres of beautifully wooded mountain terrain 30 minutes from Denver
- Indian Hills, Colorado
- $2,430.00 / season
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (May 28, 2022)
A Colorado summer is the perfect time to work and play hard.
The Goal of Geneva Glen Camp is to provide experiences for children and youth that promote discovery of one's own dignity and worth; develop empathetic, culturally competent campers who welcome and respect all individuals, regardless of what they look like, how they identify, where they come from, their socioeconomic status, their faith and who they love.; stimulate love for and care of the natural world; develop commitments to enduring values; train youth as creative school and community leaders; and to empowering participators to live at their highest level and to enrich their home communities through what they have learned at Geneva Glen.
Geneva Glen is in the foothills of Denver, at an altitude of 7,000 feet. The camp, located on 500 acres of beautifully wooded mountain terrain, is in the mountains but has convenient access to the city. The climate is ideal: warm and dry days, cool nights, clear blue skies nearly all of the time with afternoon showers (often followed by double rainbows). Staff members sleep in cabins and dorms in bunk beds. There are good bathroom and shower facilities.
Dates: May 28 – August 6, 2022 (Room & Board Provided)
- Guide cabin groups and individual campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities
- Carry out established roles for supervising camper health
- Carry out and enforce camp safety regulations
- Develop cabin activities as appropriate
- Supervise all aspects of campers' day
- Instruct campers in emergency procedures
- Help campers plan their participation in camp activities
- Support activity directors in their areas whenever possible
- Assist in teaching or leading an activity
- Learn the likes/dislikes of each participant
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem-solving in the group
- Provide opportunities for discussion of individual or group problems or concerns
- Help each camper meet the goals established by the camp for camper development
- Provide an envelope of safety for children
- Provide good role modeling for children
Salary & Compensation: $2,430 for 10 week season, plus room & board.