Seeking Head Wrangler to lead horseback riding program in the Colorado foothills!
Enjoy beautiful mountain terrain with close access to the city!
- Indian Hills, Colorado
- $300.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (May 10, 2021)
Geneva Glen Camp is seeking an experienced instructor to run our summer camp horseback riding program. Campers aged 6-16, mostly beginner to intermediate skill level, participate in western trail rides and arena instruction. Geneva Glen is located in Denver’s foothills on 500 acres of wooded mountain terrain and has convenient access to the city. An American Camp Association accredited camp, Geneva Glen is residential, co-ed and theme based.
Dates: May 28 – August 21, 2021
- Proper feeding and care of horses
- Train staff in procedure and rules during staff orientation
- Evaluation and classification of horses
- Follow and enforce safety regulations
- Follow all regulatory guidelines
- Teach basic horse skills to campers
- Help maintain records of horse care, shots, shoes, feed, etc…
- Check equipment, horses daily for safety and in good condition
- Check barn area daily for safety
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for the following season
- Submit job description at end of season
Strong candidates will have experience working with children and horses, a desire to work with children outdoors, the ability to relate to one's peer group, the ability to teach basic horsemanship, the ability to set up and maintain the barn area, the ability to accept guidance and supervision, enthusiasm, patience, sense of humor and self-control, and be a college student or at least 19 years of age.
Salary & Compensation: $300/week including room & board. Hourly candidates can be considered.