Spa Therapist Needed in a Luxury Resort near Big Bend National Park
Chihuahuan desert, 40 miles North of Big Bend National Park
- Marathon, Texas
- $60.00 / day + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 06, 2020)
The Gage Spa at the historic Gage Hotel in Marathon, TX is looking for a mindful therapist to add to the team. We are a small spa in a boutique hotel just north of Big Bend National Park. Therapists are responsible for the checking in/out of guests, laundry, and general cleaning. An active Texas License is required. Therapists are paid 50% commission + 20% gratuity.
- Must have a recent and update to date Texas Massage License
- Esthetician specialty license in Texas is a plus, in addition to TML
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must be a Team Player
- Excellent communication, guest service, and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in an innovative, fast-paced and multi-tasked environment
- Extraordinary ethics & morals
- Professional demeanor and ability to create a relaxing environment
- Superior standards for sanitation and hygiene
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Some knowledge of computers required as therapists are required to check-in, take payment and check out guests using an online booking system
- Able to stand for long hours
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform exceptional massages and body treatments following Gage protocols
- Fully prepares each and every treatment based on our treatment criteria
- Educates the guest on the benefits of the service performed and recommends products for home use
- Talks up all the other great services we offer and provides enhancement treatments
- Provides consistent and stellar treatments
- Always improving skills by attending continuing education classes
- Maintain a detailed record of massages, body treatments and wellness therapies performed on each spa guest
- Resolving guest complaints and reporting any accidents to the Spa Manager
- Cleaning and sanitizing work areas, changing treatment room sheets, and sterilizing all instruments and equipment before each use.
- Explaining massages, treatments, and therapies to guests and providing suitable recommendations as needed.
- Ensuring that the spa is adequately stocked with spa supplies and reporting shortages to the supervisor.
- Enquiring about guests' medical conditions and allergies before providing spa services.
- Flexible work schedule, weekends and Holidays are required
GAGE HOTEL SALARY/BENEFITS:
- Therapists are paid 50% commission + 20% gratuity.
- Competitive Pay and Incentive programs
- Sales Bonuses and Sales Incentives
- Generous discounts and opportunities to enjoy hotel, dining, services, and products
Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time
- Marathon, TX 79842