Maintenance Assistant at Summer Camp on Orcas Island, WA
Beautiful San Juan Islands, Washington State
- DEER HARBOR, Washington
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Title: Maintenance Assistant
Overview: Four Winds * Westward Ho is an established, traditional summer camp for boys and girls ages 7 to 18 on Orcas Island in Washington State’s San Juan Islands. With over a hundred acres of woods, fields and waterfront, we offer an impressive variety of programs and activities designed to develop skills and confidence through adventure in the out-of-doors.
This summer, we are hiring a seasonal maintenance assistant to work directly with the Head of Maintenance to keep our 160-acre property and buildings clean, stocked, and in good repair.
- Daily janitorial duties
- Monitoring garbage and recycling collection
- Monitoring and operating the compost machine
- Mowing, weed-trimming, and other grounds-keeping tasks
- Various minor maintenance tasks, such as changing light bulbs
- Assisting with parking and luggage on arrival and departure days
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to operate light machinery and tools- such as a lawnmower, hammer, electric drill, hand saw, etc
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds to a height of 48”
- Able to walk on steep, rugged terrain.
- Able to work at heights- including on roofs and ladders
- Able to work in a noisy and/or smelly environment
Dates of Employment: This seasonal position runs from Immediate Start (no later than April 30 start date) until Aug 31st, 2021. Post-season work and/or year-round employment a possibility for the right candidate.
Salary: $400 - $600 per week, plus room and board for the season.
How to Apply