Trip Leader at Traditional Summer Camp in Beautiful San Juan Islands
San Juan Islands, Washington State
- Deer Harbor, Washington
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (Jun 06, 2018)
Trip Leader - Four Winds * Westward Ho Camp, Orcas Island, Washington
Overview: Four Winds * Westward Ho is an independent, non-profit, traditional summer camp for boys and girls ages 7-18. In addition to our wide variety of in-camp activities, we offer an impressive out-of-camp Trip Program. Our trips range in length from 1-6 nights, and they travel by canoe, kayak, and sailboat throughout the surrounding San Juan Islands.
- At least 21 years old
- Current CPR, Lifeguarding, Wilderness First Aid (WFA, WFR, or WEMT – we can help you get certified in WFA!)
- Experience leading trips in the outdoors
- Ability to safely handle and maneuver one of canoes, kayaks, or sailboats up to 20 ft'
Description: A Trip Leader plans and leads 1-6 day trips on the water (occasionally on land) to various destinations throughout the San Juan Islands. The Trip Leader is responsible for all aspects of each trip from preparing, leading, to debriefing, and reports directly to our Trip Coordinator. They participate in a 15-day staff training session prior to camp, and spend the majority of the summer preparing and leading trips off the camp property.
Dates of employment: June 6th – August 28th, 2018
- + Certification Bonuses
- + Travel Stipend
- + Room and Board.
- Experience Bonuses also available for experienced guides.