All positions offered at Fishing Creek Farms are currently seasonal. Our season begins December 30, 2019, and runs thru mid-March 2020. All positions are salaried, plus tips, and include rooming and meals. Fishing Creek Farms conducts background checks and drug testing. We do not participate in the H-2B visa programs.
Server/Light Duty Housekeeper Position
Fishing Creek Farms (FCF) is looking for two people to join our dynamic team for the 2020 season. Our server/housekeeper positions are a unique blend of hospitality and guests services. FCF offers a premier, private wingshooting experience with expert hospitality and gourmet cuisine coupled with attentive service to create an intimate and personal feel. Each of our staff is important in developing this atmosphere. Each server/housekeeper will help greet guests, assist with luggage and seeing guests to their rooms, serve three daily plated meals and appetizers, take and serve drink/cocktail orders, daily clean and make-up guest rooms and baths based on hunt schedule, daily clean and tidy general baths and all common lodge areas. Position is seasonal starting December 30, 2019 thru mid March 2020. Salary dependent upon experience and percentage of tip pool. Please submit resumes by email.
- Servers/Housekeeper – Serving responsibilities include set-up and service of plated breakfast, lunch, appetizers and dinner (no orders taken). Responsibilities include set-up and managing of coffee station, beverage centers, meal clean-up and dinning table set-up, entry level kitchen assistance if needed. Housekeeping responsibilities include high quality, consistent daily cleaning of guest (6 rooms and baths), dining, and living rooms, guest room change overs, laundry upkeep, and various property maintenance. Work day starts at 6:30 and ends approximately 9:30 pm with an afternoon break if all duties are completed. All staff is expected to work together to keep the entire kitchen and lodge work space clean, tidy, and efficiently organized.
Individuals who are energetic, self-starters and excel at personalized service are encouraged to apply to become part of our extraordinary team of professionals. Previous experience in fly fishing/hunting lodge/ high-end hospitality venue is not required, but would be valuable in the position. Fishing Creek Farms conducts back ground checks and drug testing for employees.
Some key skills and abilities we are seeking in a Server/Housekeeper:
- Desire and passion to produce quality guest experience
- Attention to cleanliness and sanitation (we are an open kitchen)
- Ability to work flexible and long hours (some split shifts required)
- Strong oral and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Exceptional planning and organization skills, as well as attention to detail
- Desire to provide excellent customer service
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables positive interactions with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management
- Ability to perform well under pressure
Staff housing provided (private room, single occupancy) and meals when guests are in-house.
View Job Description
Upland Wingshooting Guide - Full Time
Fishing Creek Farms is looking for a full-time upland wingshooting guide to join our team for the 2020 season. Applicant must have well rounded knowledge of bird hunting, but above all professionalism, client interaction, and personal presentation is of highest importance. This person will be responsible for organizing and executing half and full day upland quail hunts of the highest caliber. This positions starts December 30, 2019 and runs thru mid March 2020. Compensation is a salary plus tips based on experience. Applicant will be provided on site housing (private room-single occupancy), and meals when guests are in-house. Due to staff quarters, a good attitude to get along with others and cleanliness is desired. Applicant will be required to supply his or her own personal guide gear, boots, dog collars and outerwear. Dogs that are required for this position will be provided by lodge, but applicants may inquire about the use of their own dogs if inclined. Fishing Creek Farms conducts background checks and drug testing for employees.
- Guiding clients on upland quail hunts
- Walking thru diverse terrain for up to 6 hours per day
- Lifting up to 60 pounds
- Handling and lifting bird dogs
- Fulfilling various guest needs
- Equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Care, feeding, cleaning of bird dogs and kennels
- Care, feeding, cleaning of birds and facilities
- Operating and assisting with 5-Stand operation and maintenance
- General tasks of a hunting loge operation
View Job Description
- Good attitude
- Desire and passion to produce a quality guest experience and excellent customer service
- Ability to work long hours
- Clean, tidy and professional appearance and cleanliness
- Must provide own person guide gear (uniform shirts provided), dog collars and outerwear
- Working interview will be required
- Ability to handle dogs
Outdoor Operations Position
Fishing Creek Farms (FCF) is looking for someone to join our team for the 2020 season. This position is a unique blend of duties from assisting with the daily maintenance around the exterior of the lodge areas to assisting with the daily maintenance of the guide/dog/quail facilities. This position allows freedom to be outside and an independent work environment. Staff housing provided (private room, single or double occupancy) and meals when guests are in-house.
- Haul trash/burn cardbooard
- Check hunting carts for re-stocking
- Clean kennels
- Clean birds (quail - breast, wash, vacuum seal)
- Catch birds for hunts (if needed)
- Unload/release birds on delivery days
- Daily feed & water birds
- Clean/leaf blow patio and common areas around lodge daily (as needed)
- Split, stack, haul fire wood
- Stock wood racks at lodge
- Build outdoor fires each afternoon
- Clean fire pits as needed
- Stock beer & ice in outside cooler
- Maintain & operate 5-Stand shooting facilities (stock clays, shells, haul garbage, check solar powered batteries)
- Assist with general maintenance (lightbulbs etc)
- Deliver cleaned, frozen quail to lodge in soft sided cooler (for guests)
View Job Description
Individuals who are energetic, self-starters and excel at personalized service are encouraged to apply to become part of our extraordinary team of professionals. Previous experience in fly fishing/hunting lodge/ high-end hospitality venue is not required, but would be valuable in the position. Fishing Creek Farms conducts background checks and drug testing for employees.
How to Apply
We do not have an online application. Please email your resume and references. Selections will be made and notifications will be sent via email. We are not a sponsor for H2B Visa.