All positions offered at Fishing Creek Farms are currently seasonal. Our season begins December 27, 2018, and runs thru mid-March 2019. All positions are salaried, plus tips, and include rooming and meals.
Upland Wingshooting Guide - Full Time
Fishing Creek Farms is looking for a full-time upland wingshooting guide to join our team for the 2019 season. Applicant must have well rounded knowledge of bird hunting, but above all professionalism, client interaction, and personal presentation is of highest importance. This person will be responsible for organizing and executing half and full day upland quail hunts of the highest caliber. This positions starts Dec. 27, 2018 and runs thru mid March 2019. Compensation is a salary plus tips based on experience. Applicant will be provided on site housing (private room-single occupancy), and meals when guests are in-house. Due to staff quarters, a good attitude to get along with others and cleanliness is desired. Applicant will be required to supply his or her own personal guide gear, boots, dog collars and outerwear. Dogs that are required for this position will be provided by lodge, but applicants may inquire about the use of their own dogs if inclined.
- Guiding clients on upland quail hunts
- Walking thru diverse terrain for up to 6 hours per day
- Lifting up to 60 pounds
- Handling and lifting bird dogs
- Fulfilling various guest needs
- Equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Care, feeding, cleaning of bird dogs and kennels
- Care, feeding, cleaning of birds and facilities
- Operating and assisting with 5-Stand operation and maintenance
- General tasks of a hunting loge operation
View Job Description
- Good attitude
- Desire and passion to produce a quality guest experience and excellent customer service
- Ability to work long hours
- Clean, tidy and professional appearance and cleanliness
- Must provide own person guide gear (uniform shirts provided), dog collars and outerwear
- Working interview will be required
- Ability to handle dogs
How to Apply
We do not have an online application. Please email your resume and references. Selections will be made and notifications will be sent via email. We are not a sponsor for H2B Visa.