All positions offered at Fishing Creek Farms are currently seasonal. Our season begins December 13, and runs thru mid-March. All positions are salaried, plus tips, and include rooming and meals. Fishing Creek Farms conducts background checks and drug testing. We do not participate in the H-2B visa programs.
Server/Light Duty Housekeeper Position
Fishing Creek Farms (FCF) is looking for two people to join our dynamic team for the upcoming season. Our server/housekeeper positions are a unique blend of hospitality and guests services. FCF offers a premier, private wingshooting experience with expert hospitality and gourmet cuisine coupled with attentive service to create an intimate and personal feel. Each of our staff is important in developing this atmosphere. Each server/housekeeper will help greet guests, assist with luggage and seeing guests to their rooms, serve three daily plated meals and appetizers, take and serve drink/cocktail orders, daily clean and make-up guest rooms and baths based on hunt schedule, daily clean and tidy general baths and all common lodge areas. Position is seasonal starting December 28 thru mid March. Salary dependent upon experience and percentage of tip pool. Please submit resumes by email.
- Servers/Housekeeper – Serving responsibilities include set-up and service of plated breakfast, lunch, appetizers and dinner (no orders taken). Responsibilities include set-up and managing of coffee station, beverage centers, meal clean-up and dinning table set-up, entry level kitchen assistance if needed. Housekeeping responsibilities include high quality, consistent daily cleaning of guest (6 rooms and baths), dining, and living rooms, guest room change overs, laundry upkeep, and various property maintenance. Work day starts at 6:30 and ends approximately 9:30 pm with an afternoon break if all duties are completed. All staff is expected to work together to keep the entire kitchen and lodge work space clean, tidy, and efficiently organized.
Individuals who are energetic, self-starters and excel at personalized service are encouraged to apply to become part of our extraordinary team of professionals. Previous experience in fly fishing/hunting lodge/ high-end hospitality venue is not required, but would be valuable in the position. Fishing Creek Farms conducts back ground checks and drug testing for employees.
Some key skills and abilities we are seeking in a Server/Housekeeper:
- Desire and passion to produce quality guest experience
- Attention to cleanliness and sanitation (we are an open kitchen)
- Ability to work flexible and long hours (some split shifts required)
- Strong oral and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Exceptional planning and organization skills, as well as attention to detail
- Desire to provide excellent customer service
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables positive interactions with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management
- Ability to perform well under pressure
Staff housing provided (private room, single occupancy) and meals when guests are in-house.
Chef position in our open kitchen for 6-12 guests (breakfast, lunch, appetizers and dinner). This is a stand alone chef position - no sous chef or kitchen assistants. Serving staff clears tables at each meal and assist with dishes. Prep kitchen (still has visibility to guests) is equipped with a three basin stainless steel sink, commercial dishwasher and all small kitchen appliances.
The chef is responsible for weekly Sysco food orders, on-going season food inventory, food costs and local grocery store purchases for small quantity fresh ingredients. The person for this position MUST have a good personality, work well with others and be clean, professional and presentable.
Our clients are a great cross-section of high-end professionals with a wide variety of travel and culinary experiences. All dishes should be composed of made-from scratch ingredients rather than prepared items. Each meals is a single entree plated. Single occupancy rooming provided in joint staff house, meals provided.
This chef is also responsible for all staff meals during the season. This work week is Monday mid-morning (ready to serve lunch at 12:00pm) thru lunch service the following Sunday. The chef is not responsible for staff or guest meals Sunday night or Monday morning of each week.
We conduct background checks and drug testing for all employees. Please provide a head shot and a complete list of references with your resume. Monthly salary plus an equal percentage of the inside tip pool, single occupancy room and board-salary based upon experience.
How to Apply
We do not have an online application. Please email your resume and references. Selections will be made and notifications will be sent via email. We are not a sponsor for H2B Visa.