Are you an experienced cook dreaming of a summer in Montana?
Located minutes from Yellowstone Park on the south shore of the beautiful Hebgen Lake
- West Yellowstone, Montana
- $2,200.00 / month + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 22, 2024)
Firehole Ranch is seeking a motivated, talented, and enthusiastic cook to join our team for the summer season from May 22nd – Oct 1, 2024. We serve 20 – 25 guests per day a complete breakfast, packed-lunch, and coursed dinner seven days a week. The pay is very competitive, and room and board are included. The Firehole Ranch kitchen uses, as much as possible, local and organic produce, meat, game, and dairy to craft a culinary point of view. This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of the culinary program at a world-renowned fly fishing guest ranch. We seek chefs who are eager to cook for an exclusive clientele while redefining what modern American classic cuisine means in 2024. The right candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of fine dining (or similar) experience. A love for the outdoors and a mentality of "teamwork makes the dream work" is a must. Your responsibilities on any given day could be to execute and/or supervise meals for both guests and staff, organize and prep the gourmet pack lunches for guests and fishing guides, contribute to menu conception and execution of the breakfast menu. You will be working with the Director of Culinary and Service and the Chef de Cuisine to ensure all quality, cleanliness, and consistency standards are met every morning.
Duties include but not limited to:
Works with Executive Chef and Sous Chef to collaborate on daily changing menu items for up to 25 guests. Ability to prepare a variety of items from scratch using quality ingredients. This position does require some baking (pastries/muffins/cookies/desserts/ etc ) . Candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Creative with attention to detail
- Preps, prepares and executes all menu items using the highest quality standards
- Adheres to nutritional and sanitation guidelines
- Ability to self manage station - ordering/stocking/rotating products
- Servesafe/MT food handler certified
- Willingness to work in a team and help out where needed.
- $2200+ (DOE) Salary and share of Tip Pool
- Full No-Cost Room & Board Provided
- Private room
- Shared bathrooms
- Three meals a day
- Free Laundry facilities on-site
- Two consecutive days off per week as possible
This position starts the third week of May and run through the end of September. Commitment to these dates is required unless an exception is arranged with Management.
How to Apply
If you are energetic, eager to enjoy the outdoors and a team player with a passion for excellence, please email a cover letter, resume, and references to HR@fireholeranch.com