Work in the beautiful Rocky Mountains while helping hurting teens recover!
Settled in between Lyons and Estes Park, near Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Estes Park, Colorado
- $35,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 11, 2019)
Direct Care Manager Summary:
Fire Mountain Residential Treatment Center is located just outside of the beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park. We provide residential treatment to youth, ages 12-17 for 4-6 months. Fire Mountain provides individual, family and group therapy, outdoor recreation, a gluten-free/sugar-free/dairy-free diet, accredited onground school program, and intensive parent training program. We utilize DBT, CBT, EMDR, Wraparound, Archetypal psychology and experiential philosophies to help youth with mental health issues, addiction, depression and anxiety, suicidal ideation, self harm and trauma. We are committed to helping youth and their families heal, create peace in their homes, develop character and find hope again.
The Direct Care Manager is responsible for the hiring, supervision, training and coaching of the Direct Care staff. Administrative tasks, such as auditing timesheets and documentation, scheduling, etc are additionally required. This position requires living on the property or in the town of Estes Park. Office hours and mandatory 1-3 Direct Care shifts are established, however, this position allows for a flexible schedule in terms of providing oversight on shifts as needed.
Direct Care Manager Required Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience in residential treatment with youth
- BA in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or Human Development and Family Studies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Direct Care Manager:
Oversight and Leadership
- Ensure proper supervision and safety of youth.
- Hold staff accountable for following all policies and procedures.
- Designates on-shift employee roles and duties, including employee breaks during shift.
- Lead and train staff on effective Shift Changeovers.
- Conduct and ensure that employees are executing groups that are experiential, relevant and engaging.
- Ensure that clients' rooms are inspected daily for any safety hazards, cleanliness.
- Attend monthly youth staff meetings as needed.
- Assist Clinical Director in ensuring that the individual’s Treatment Plan is known by all Direct Care staff.
- Ensure that staff operate vehicles in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure that staff report any behavior, observations, or actions that indicate a client may be suicidal, violent, or harmful to himself/herself or others through use of the proper procedures and reporting laws.
- Debrief shift and provide feedback to Direct Care staff.
- Report any personnel issues to the Supervisor.
- Work 1-3 Direct Care shifts per week.
- On-call shifts as needed.
Direct Care Manager Administrative Duties:
Maintain 8-10 office hours on a weekly basis to complete the following:
- Create and audit policies and procedures
- Manage Direct Care Budget
- Orders needed supplies for the youth and Direct Care staff
- Create the Direct Care schedule
- Manages time sheets and overtime hours
- Hire, train, coach and supervise all Direct Care staff
- Provide employee discipline when needed
- Provide annual evaluations for Direct Care staff
- Revise competencies as needed and oversee the completion by Direct Care staff
- Audit all required shift documents
- Manage and execute youth volunteer program
- Maintain employee records containing Trainings, Supervision Forms and Shift Evaluation Forms
- Field youth grievances and develop a plan of action with Clinical and/or Executive Director
- Assist with in-house and guest facilitated trainings based on the needs and skill sets of employees.
- Assist with Improvement Committee (development and implementation)
- Attend all required meetings
- Help streamline communication and support systems between departments on behalf of the MHW staff.
- Participate in LEAN initiatives as needed.
Other Duties for Direct Care Manager:
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- This job description is subject to change upon direction from the Executive Director.
Direct Care Manager General Skills:
- Team Player with all staff
- Maintain a positive attitude toward all challenges
- Professional etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills
- Forward thinking with extreme attention to detail
- Willingness and capable of meeting hard deadlines
- Reliable to complete tasks from beginning to end
- Ability to multitask in a quick paced environment
- Knowledge of risk management and supervision techniques
- Holistic and integrated systems thinking
- Solid logistics and planning skills
- Critical Thinking
- Ability to implement process improvement
Direct Care Manager Knowledge:
- Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Ability to execute and train to differing learning styles
- Able to learn new techniques and processes used to evaluate staff
- Able to evaluate program effectiveness and quality
- Supervisory principles, practices and methods
- Effective milieu and behavior management tools (Love and Logic or similar)
- Basic understanding of the psychology of addiction, mental health and at-risk adolescent behavior
Direct Care Manager Computer Skills:
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency using standard office software applications
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency using google calendar, google docs; all google applications
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs
Physical Requirements for Direct Care Manager:
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Physical demands included in outdoor recreation
Direct Care Manager Work Environment:
- Sometimes Noisy, Quick Changes to schedules, Emotionally Demanding.
Salary Range: $35,000-$42,000 per year
Housing: Free or discounted housing available on site and is required for this position. Spouse or significant other may also live on the property if desired.
Hours: 40 hours per week
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org