Helping teens recover in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Estes Park, CO!
Settled in between Lyons and Estes Park, near Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Estes Park, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Dec 07, 2018)
Mental Health Counselor Work Environment:
Fire Mountain Residential Treatment Center (FMRTC) is looking for a Mental Health Counselor, or more formally called a Mental Health Technician. FMRTC is an intense recovery program for teens dealing with addiction and co-occurring issues. We focus on attachment, family and individual therapy, holistic health, recreation/nature-based therapies, art therapies and much more. For more information about our program, please visit www.firemountainprograms.com.
Mental Health Counselor Summary:
We currently have openings for full-time, part-time and PRN positions. If you are able and willing to work weekend or overnight shifts, that is a huge plus. If you enjoy helping kids and watching them develop into respectful, loving individuals, then this job is for you. Mental health counselors provide active treatment training and support services to individuals with addiction and/or mental problems served by Fire Mountain RTC in a residential setting. Active treatment training and support services are provided in compliance with the Individual Program Plan, Individual Service Plan, and through duties assigned to assure the delivery of necessary support services.
Qualifications for Mental Health Counselor:
- High school diploma or similar and 1 year of experience in the human services field, or at least 2 years of college education.
- Ability to exhibit strong boundaries with compassion
- Must be at least 21 years old
- First Aid/CPR required once hired (class can be provided by Fire Mountain); QMAP (class can be provided by Fire Mountain upon hire)
- Background check required.
Benefits for Mental Health Counselors:
All Full-time employees have access to:
- 80% employer paid medical plans
- 50% employer paid dental
- 3% Simple IRA match
- Paid holidays
- Up to 80 hours of vacation and sick time
- One free employee meal per shift
Perks for Mental Health Counselors:
- FREE housing and utilities (upon agreement of 1-year employment contract and one on-call day a week).
- FREE meal while on shift (the food is delicious).
- Work in the beautiful Estes Park, CO (RMNP pass that can be checked out by employees)
- Play a part in saving lives and helping teens and families recover.
- Be accompanied by an amazing team, full of incredible individuals.
Pay for Mental Health Counselor:
$12.50 - $15.00 per hour. (DOE)
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please email email@example.com a copy of your resume, and why you think you would be a good fit for this job.