Looking for a line cook outside the gates of Yosemite National Park!
Join our team as we prepare for fall and winter in the Yosemite area!
- year round
- Yosemite National Park, California
- $18.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
We currently have openings for Line Cooks to complete our exceptional food & beverage team at the Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite and Rush Creek Lodge at Yosemite. We look for warm, friendly people with healthy, active lifestyles, high standards and high integrity, who have been top performers in their previous roles. We welcome seasonal or career-oriented applicants.
All positions work with our talented Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to deliver outstanding, freshly prepared cuisine for our three meal a day food operations, which serve our sit-down restaurant, outdoor dining area and tavern, as well as catered events.
Evergreen & Rush Creek Lodge prides themselves in serving fresh, healthful food that far exceeds expectations given our remote setting. Given our location, most of our 800+ guests eat with us in our relaxed mountain environment each night, in addition to 50-100 locals. Both lodges are a coveted venue for weddings, reunions and small group events.
Rush Creek & Evergreen Lodge provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The ideal individuals have significant line cooking experience, culinary training (formal or informal), are excited to support a great staff environment in a professional yet "down-home" way, and embrace working in a rustic environment in a relationship-oriented business.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Prior similar experience
- Strong culinary training (formal or informal)
- Interest in living in a remote lodging environment
- Excited about creating a warm family atmosphere for staff while maintaining high standards (& has had prior success managing to these goals)
- Strong interest in training/coaching
- Hospitality or related experience
- Independent thinkers with great initiative, but comfortable working within a defined framework
Key personality traits:
- High integrity
- Guest service oriented and staff-focused
- Self-motivated (takes initiative) with high standards
- Mature, personable leader with a relaxed nature
- Execution oriented; enjoys hands-on implementation
- Leading a healthy, drug-free lifestyle
- Dynamic, fun, and likes the outdoor
- Flexible with a "whatever it takes" attitude
- $18.00 per hour starting wage
- Position can be year-round or seasonal
- Full time position available immediately
- Room and board available for fixed weekly cost both Onsite and Offsite
- Hours variable, including nights and weekends as well as situational/crisis availability; a regular schedule with specific days off will be established
- Healthcare benefits available after 90 days
- 401K eligible with company match after 1 year
California requires employees in a food service role to complete an ANSI-accredited Food Handler Program. This must be completed prior to your first day of work. Please click here for a link of approved training programs.
How to Apply
No emailed resumes. Please apply on website with resume attached.