Looking for a Housekeeping Inspector outside the gates of Yosemite National Park!
Experience Yosemite in our beautiful resort!
- year round
- Yosemite National Park, California
- $20.00 - $20.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 03, 2023)
The Evergreen Lodge and Rush Creek at Yosemite is an amazing place to live, work and play year-round. We are looking for a talented, experienced Housekeeping Inspector/Trainer to complete our housekeeping team at the lodge.
Our housekeeping department oversees housekeeping services to our cabins, custom camping area and public spaces. Our Housekeeping Inspector/Trainer works closely with our Housekeeping Manager & Supervisor to ensure we deliver exceptional housekeeping services to our guests in all areas of the lodge.
The Housekeeping Inspector/Trainer has varied responsibilities, including inspecting cabins and public areas, maintaining and refining our housekeeping standards, supporting our housekeeping staff, providing feedback and ideas to the housekeeping team, assisting with guest requests, and coordinating general housekeeping operations. The Inspector/Trainer also provides training to new and existing Housekeeping Staff. The Housekeeping Inspector/Trainer has one other distinct and important role as well: completing regular Quality Assurance inspections in cabins – actively maintaining guest accommodations to furnishings standards & identifying maintenance and other issues.
We are looking for warm, friendly people with high standards and high integrity who have been top performers in their previous roles. We welcome seasonal or career-oriented applicants.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Preferably previous housekeeping experience or experience in a hotel setting.
- Must be able to pick up and carry 50+ lbs.
- The team member works in outside weather conditions. He/She/They will work in all year round weather environment while traveling to different areas on property.
Essential Job Functions:
- Handles guest complaints concerning housekeeping service or
refers problem to management
- Notifies maintenance of any needed repairs in all guest rooms and public space
- Inspects all vacant ready rooms at the beginning of the day for condition
- Help guests and employees in every way possible when called upon and does it willingly and pleasantly
- Lists and itemizes lost and found items. Turns them in to the Front Desk
- Inspects all rooms after they have been cleaned to ensure that all hotel policies and
standards have been met
- Approves rooms for occupancy and ensures room is 100% prior to placing it into the
- Updates RoomMaster with the proper status of all rooms
- Monitors time housekeepers are taking to clean guest rooms
- Communicates with management and housekeepers if rooms are not up to standard
- Completes any other duties as assigned to ensure all guests have an exceptional experience
- Helps assigned housekeepers in any way possible to meet 3:30 check-in deadline. This may mean stripping rooms, making beds, porting for the housekeeper, etc.
- Staying on top of trash and dirty linen and getting it to the appropriate place
- Communicates with Housekeeping manager, front desk, maintenance, etc.
- Full time position available immediately
- Position can be year-round or seasonal
- Room and board available for fixed weekly cost both Onsite and Offsite
- Hours variable, including nights and weekends as well as situational/crisis availability; a regular schedule with specific days off will be established
- Healthcare benefits available after 90 days
- 401K eligible with company match after 1 year
How to Apply
No emailed resumes. Please use website to complete an application.