Looking for an Assistant Housekeeping Manager near Yosemite National Park
Are you waiting for your adventure to begin?
- year round
- Yosemite National Park, California
- $24.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager assists in managing the housekeeping department and helps lead a team of housekeepers who together are responsible for cleaning and maintaining our guest rooms, villas and other Lodge buildings on a daily basis. Our Assistant Housekeeping Manager is a very hands-on position, leading daily room inspections and supporting staff as needed each day in both the housekeeping and laundry areas. The Assistant Housekeeping Manager reports to our Housekeeping Manager, Director of Rooms, Assistant General Manager, General Manager and works closely with our front desk and other managers to ensure guests have a great experience with us.
The right candidate has experience following standardized methods and processes that allow our housekeepers to efficiently clean rooms and provide guests with an excellent housekeeping experience. The right candidate is also interested in supporting a positive staff environment and fostering a staff that is warm, personable and extremely helpful to our guests.
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager coordinates staff work-plans, priorities, and works hands-on each day to prepare rooms and laundry for guests. He/she also maintains standards and maintains quality control for the Housekeeping Department and helps develops daily and periodic cleaning schedules and priorities. This person also maintains and orders departmental supplies and inventories.
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager is a key part of the team and consistently interacts with and assists Lodge guests. The wide spread nature of our property presents the Assistant Housekeeping Manager with challenging logistics but also presents a great opportunity to enjoy the outdoors and our beautiful setting.
The ideal individual is extremely dependable and mature, is excited to support a great staff environment in a professional yet “down-home” way and embraces working in a rustic environment in a relationship-oriented business.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Prior Executive Housekeeper, Assistant Executive Housekeeper, exceptional Housekeeping Supervisor or similar experience
- Experience with a multi-unit hospitality operator, strong management training program and structured housekeeping systems/processes
- Excited about creating a warm family atmosphere for staff while maintaining high standards (& has had prior success managing to these goals)
- Strong interest in training/coaching and in supporting our youth mission
- Independent thinker with great initiative, but comfortable working within a defined framework
Key personality traits
- High integrity
- Guest service oriented and staff-focused
- Self-motivated (takes initiative) with high standards
- Mature, personable leader with a relaxed nature
- Leading a healthy, drug-free lifestyle
- Dynamic, fun and likes the outdoors
- Flexible with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Full time hourly position
- Mid to evening shift
- Wage $24.00 per hour
- Position is full time year-round
- Room and board are included for a fixed cost
- Hours variable, including nights and weekends as well as situational/crisis availability; a regular schedule with specific days off will be established
- Healthcare benefits available after 90 days
- 401K eligible with company match after 1 year
How to Apply
No emailed Resume. Please apply through provided link.